Blow off valve on Gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue22raptor

Reaction score
I used a recirculation block off puck. I believe it was around $30 (for the aluminum version). Forgot exactly what it was called, but I had it on my 2019 3.5 EB F150 and removed it before trading in. It fit right onto the '22 Raptor. Was cheap, easy to install (5 minutes) and makes the blow off sound every time you let off the gas under moderate to hard acceleration. You simply unplug the recirculation line from the factory recirc valve and plug the recirc line. That is what most people do with the "Chair leg" mod. This is just a piece that is intended to fit inside the factory connection, so it won't come loose or fall out.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a recirculation block off puck. I believe it was around $30 (for the aluminum version). Forgot exactly what it was called, but I had it on my 2019 3.5 EB F150 and removed it before trading in. It fit right onto the '22 Raptor. Was cheap, easy to install (5 minutes) and makes the blow off sound every time you let off the gas under moderate to hard acceleration. You simply unplug the recirculation line from the factory recirc valve and plug the recirc line. That is what most people do with the "Chair leg" mod. This is just a piece that is intended to fit inside the factory connection, so it won't come loose or fall out.
link?

Reaction score
Ok, I’ll give it a go. Hi, I like to attempt to belittle and make people feel dumb for asking questions on a forum behind a keyboard safe from actual harm where I practice “combat ninja” moves…how’d I do?
I asked a question on here also man and it’s useless everyone on here think they are the smartest mf out there. Simple question stupid comment useless. I was hoping this forum was more useful but it’s worse then any other forum I been in

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I asked a question on here also man and it’s useless everyone on here think they are the smartest mf out there. Simple question stupid comment useless. I was hoping this forum was more useful but it’s worse then any other forum I been in
I just checked to see what your question was. You got a few answers on the post. Most likely you didn't receive a ton of pictures because there are a lot of other posts identical to yours. You'll find the most help for comparison pictures in this thread.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
I was hoping this forum was more useful but it’s worse then any other forum I been in

That makes the asking of your question even worse. If you have been on other forums, you no doubt know how to use the search function. To come on here and have your first post be a topic that has been widely discussed is going to invite smartass responses. Not everything is going to get handed to you on a silver platter.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love my BOV.

I still get 600MPT and I blow the doors off of 80% of things on the road. And it sounds flipping awesome.

Juanitobunito

Reaction score
What is the preferred method of attaining the blowoff sound. The VTA mod plug with the mini air filter or the Boomba Bov adaptor. I get one is $35 and one is $99……but which is the better/safer choice?

MKW1456

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the preferred method of attaining the blowoff sound. The VTA mod plug with the mini air filter or the Boomba Bov adaptor. I get one is $35 and one is $99……but which is the better/safer choice?

Had one on my 2019 combined with the CVF intercooler. No CEL. It’s controversial here but I like the sound.