Blackhawk Serpa QD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice setup but wouldn't that be super awkward to draw with? As i'm sure u know the serpa has a trigger catch that has to be pressed with ur trigger finger in order to draw. Drawing with ur right hand (which it appears to be set up for) looks like it may be somewhat problematic. Is there a way to disable the trigger catch?

OP
OP
willis68

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice setup but wouldn't that be super awkward to draw with? As i'm sure u know the serpa has a trigger catch that has to be pressed with ur trigger finger in order to draw. Drawing with ur right hand (which it appears to be set up for) looks like it may be somewhat problematic. Is there a way to disable the trigger catch?

I am able to push the release with my right thumb, then have my hand wrapped around the pistol upon release it took about 20 minutes to get use to this
It is a very simple matter to disable the retention lock on the holster if this is an issue for anyone though

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Do you have to use their holsters or is it a uni fit?

Dave

Blackhawk make holsters that mount directly up with their QD, but I think it would be fairly simple to attach one of the male QD's to any holster with some thought put into it

LD50

Reaction score
Too bad serpa doesn't make a holster for my favorite side kick my HK45c.... No QD for me...:(

Check out Bladetech. They make holsters for things I've never seen anywhere else. I got one from them that works with my full sized .45 USP with a G & G light rail adaptor and and light. You can buy the blackhawk quick connectors seperately and I'm guessing it would take to much to combine the two.

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really a huge fan of the SERPA but to each their own. Personally, having to change your normal draw stroke to manipulate a trigger finger release with your thumb is not something I would ever condone or teach. Just too much that can go wrong under stress. Your weapon should always come out of the holster in a proper firing grip IMO.
Very nice pistol BTW. Sig makes good stuff. You may also check Safariland and their ALS series of holsters for a decent retention rig. It's a thumb release and they may make one for your HK. They also have their version of a quick mount. I use one inside the console of the Raptor and my other truck and my wifes Expedition. Same holster for everything. Less chance of error that way.

OP
OP
willis68

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really a huge fan of the SERPA but to each their own. Personally, having to change your normal draw stroke to manipulate a trigger finger release with your thumb is not something I would ever condone or teach. Just too much that can go wrong under stress. Your weapon should always come out of the holster in a proper firing grip IMO.
Very nice pistol BTW. Sig makes good stuff. You may also check Safariland and their ALS series of holsters for a decent retention rig. It's a thumb release and they may make one for your HK. They also have their version of a quick mount. I use one inside the console of the Raptor and my other truck and my wifes Expedition. Same holster for everything. Less chance of error that way.

I agree with you, I disabled the trigger lock for this reason. So it is a natural draw position for me. I am installing a console vault in my console to store the weapon when not in use. The nice thing about these QD's is that they are a solid mount that you can attach to. I am installing one in my wife's Expedition as well

As far as the Sig, I love this pistol it was a standard P220 rail when I bought it new, I sent it to Sig for custom work, they did a trigger job, SRT trigger installed night sights and feed ramp polished they tuned the pistol for 230 Grain Remington Golden saber. I love this weapon!

---------- Post added at 06:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 AM ----------

Definitely cant ride around in Canada with a gun like that. Only in the USA!

I have a handgun permit, believe me there are many places here in the USA that you can't, I play by the rules when it comes to this stuff for anyone considering doing any mod such as this, please check your local laws and abide by the laws