Bigger fan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if there is a different thermostat for the raptor....i am thinking a 170 something coolest than stock...should not be a expensive fix...

And yes if all else fails blow on it ....drives em crazy...lol

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had conversations with other SC Raptors with the upgraded larger HE from Whipple,
and the only issue has been for some that the trans cooler is covered and the trans temp climb faster and higher.
And that's why I mentioned the Trans cooler with fans and relocated it under the HE.

The upgraded HE hasn't affected the engine cooling.

Or a deeper, finned, aluminum tranny pan:

Ford Raptor Transmission Pan

I am running one of these.

G & P Racing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Installed a Ron Davis unit that was a drop in replacement, really nice unit, and we saw a big improvement running the NORRA 500. The install is not too bad but you will do better if you have a buddy help you with it when you are sliding it into place.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Whipple kit comes with a 160 thermostat and does not really do anything other than take an extra five minutes to get up to operating temp.
I throw the 195 back in in the winter time just so I don't have to remote start her too long in the morning.

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

Being up here in the north I haven't had to pay too much attention to high engine temps. But good to know that these aftermarket radiators works for you.
Thanks for the info!!!

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was slightly worried about this with my supercharged Raptor that has the intercooler, extra tranny cooler and the 4 KC lights obstructing the airflow in different areas. I have not run in the desert, but run it pretty hard in the sand dunes in the 80's and 90's with only issue being trans temp, engine runs nice and cool.

OP
OP
CB Freshness

CB Freshness

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Installed a Ron Davis unit that was a drop in replacement, really nice unit, and we saw a big improvement running the NORRA 500. The install is not too bad but you will do better if you have a buddy help you with it when you are sliding it into place.

Details? Price where you found it?

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They do have fans that move more CFM's and I think you can also program to have the fans come on earlier. A bigger all aluminum rad will help as well.
I am building a hot rod with an LS3 and will be using a Spal dual fan and BeCool Rad.
30102052.jpg

15529_l.jpg