BF Goodrich KO2 - C2 vs E2 load rating, ride quality affected?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking to replace my K02 with another set of the same time. Seems the C2 load rated version is discontinued and you can only get these in E2. All the glowing KO2 reviews likely were based on C2 tires. Am I wrong to think a KO2 with a higher load rating would be more stiff, degrading ride quality?

I don’t drive off-road (heresy I admit) and am looking for something that looks aggressive while providing good road performance. Tire noise is not as important to me as ride quality.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
C's aren't discontinued. Tirerack.com has them. I replaced mine at 23.5K for noise with E's. I've noticed a SLIGHT firmer ride but adjusted the pressures to compensate. They were out of stock for a few weeks because they changed how they were made. They have a new part number

OP
OP
Retired in TN

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the link! DiscoutvTire shows the C version as discontinued. Regardless, I appreciate the tip. Time to order tires.

Johnny Raptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am looking to replace my K02 with another set of the same time. Seems the C2 load rated version is discontinued and you can only get these in E2. All the glowing KO2 reviews likely were based on C2 tires. Am I wrong to think a KO2 with a higher load rating would be more stiff, degrading ride quality?

I don’t drive off-road (heresy I admit) and am looking for something that looks aggressive while providing good road performance. Tire noise is not as important to me as ride quality.
I just put a set of 315/70-17 C's from TireRack on my 2013 in July and will say the ride quality is noticeably better than the 37 D's they replaced. Full disclosure: I also had Shocks by Hammer rebuild the OEM Fox 2.5's at the same time, which is probably a larger contributor to improved ride quality.

For what it's worth, this is the 5th set of KO / KO2's installed on this truck in various sizes & load ratings. The C's are my favorite so far.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Curious, I see the Good Year Territory MT (TRX style?) are listed on tire rack and only weight 52 lbs vs the 62 for the KO2 C tires. ??

I have pulled nails and screws out of the KOs and they would not go through the side walls. I am wondering what are the stock ratings? Cs I had Es I think on my Gen 1 and they would last 60K plus miles awesome times and they were quite. The Cs are lighter and last around 30k miles, iirc

Pinned

Reaction score
That's where I got my E's. Make sure they balance them with the beadlock rings on if you have them.
Just wondering why? The beadlock / beauty rings are symmetrical so they shouldn't change the balance. Could be missing something here though as I haven't owned beadlocks prior to this.

Curious, I see the Good Year Territory MT (TRX style?) are listed on tire rack and only weight 52 lbs vs the 62 for the KO2 C tires. ??
There was some discussion in another thread about these - I was really curious about them too, but they were significantly more expensive than the KO2. Would love to hear from someone running them, and especially about the height (if they actually measure out the same as the KO2). The tread was reported to be a bit narrower.

For OP, the reason the 113S tire appears out of stock at some places is that BFG has replaced it with the same tire in 113T. Should be about the same, and looks identical, but they are 1-2lbs lighter and have that higher speed rating.