Best Raptor Compliments

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pew Pew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get asked all the time how I can afford this truck (being junior enlisted in the Army doesn't exactly pay for much of a lavish lifestyle). My only response is, "I cant, Thank god my wife can though!" At which point people oddly start asking if they can trade me spouses lol.

Also, as a sidenote, I have yet to drive it since it was delivered while I was deployed, but the wife has graciously taken it upon herself to drive it while I am gone. She naturally gets hit on all the time because on it. She made sure to make it clear that when I get home she better not find any "surprise *******" in random places lol. So I told her, "No worries, the only women I pick up don't wear any." Now I guess I am not allowed to go anywhere by myself...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
25year old son was having friends at our house for an evening. He does have his own apartment, but our place is nicer.
On him explaining what he needed, I was instructed to leave my truck parked outside, because some of his friends would know what it was.

sidelock

Reaction score
So, I live near the Connecticut coast & today I headed for a nearby town beach on L.I. Sound. Parking is limited for non-residents like myself. As I rolled slowly along a nearby street with one-side-only parking, I noticed a young local Police officer ticketing at least 40 or 50 cars on the wrong side. I stopped & asked him if I would be OK to park in a spot on the correct side. He checked out my Raptor & said "yes sir, that's fine just don't block a drive way. I thanked him & parked. As I got out of the truck he came up to me & said "Sir, would you like to park in that resident-only lot across the street?"
I thanked him & said that would be great (especially because I always park as far away from everyone else as I can get & never park next to anyone). He said "that's one hell-of-a truck, I'd hate to see it scratched & if anyone gives you a hard time, here's my card & tell them I told you it's OK!

I'm 72 years old but I still got a kick out of that!