Best Raptor Compliments

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HarleyMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long story but well worth the read

Whille pulling into a parking space at best buy, (away from everyone) I get out to find a mother and five-year-old son waiting for me to get out. Mom looked a little embarrassed but asked if her son(grinning from ear to ear) could look at my truck. She explained they just bought him a blue battery powered Ford raptor from Walmart that he absolutely loves. He calls it his "monster truck".

We spent 10 minutes going around the entire outside of the truck while I explained, (in 5yr old language) what everything does. We was very interested in the tires, lights, fenders, shocks, tailgate and even the ADD emblems I have on the doors. I opened the hood so his mom could pick him up to see the engin and aFE. Mom took about 10 pics of him from every angle possible.

His mom felt bad for keeping me but I didn't mind helping mold a possible future Raptor owner. Besides I was just wasting time till the movie started anyway.

He then wanted to see the inside which his mom objected too but again I insisted it was totally ok. I opened the driver side door and mom picked him up so he could get a better view but that was not good enough for the little guy, he insisted on climbing in. Again mom apologized profusely but I insisted it was ok and in he went. He reminded me of my dogs, front seat, back seat front seat, back seat. He explored every nook and cranny in the truck, touched every knob and flipped every switch. After another 10-15 minutes and 10 more pics his mom insisted it was time to go. Reluctantly he climbed out and just stared at the tires in amazment. With tears in her eyes and more thank yous then I could count he touched the truck one last time and off they went.

Did I mention the little guy has Down syndrome? It warmed my heart an made my year.

That is so AWESOME.......Great job man!!!! they will never forget that.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Did I mention the little guy has Down syndrome? It warmed my heart an made my year.

That's awesome. You made both of their days with that. I doubt anyone is gonna top that story.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
long story but well worth the read

whille pulling into a parking space at best buy, (away from everyone) i get out to find a mother and five-year-old son waiting for me to get out. Mom looked a little embarrassed but asked if her son(grinning from ear to ear) could look at my truck. She explained they just bought him a blue battery powered ford raptor from walmart that he absolutely loves. He calls it his "monster truck".

We spent 10 minutes going around the entire outside of the truck while i explained, (in 5yr old language) what everything does. We was very interested in the tires, lights, fenders, shocks, tailgate and even the add emblems i have on the doors. I opened the hood so his mom could pick him up to see the engin and afe. Mom took about 10 pics of him from every angle possible.

His mom felt bad for keeping me but i didn't mind helping mold a possible future raptor owner. Besides i was just wasting time till the movie started anyway.

He then wanted to see the inside which his mom objected too but again i insisted it was totally ok. I opened the driver side door and mom picked him up so he could get a better view but that was not good enough for the little guy, he insisted on climbing in. Again mom apologized profusely but i insisted it was ok and in he went. He reminded me of my dogs, front seat, back seat front seat, back seat. He explored every nook and cranny in the truck, touched every knob and flipped every switch. After another 10-15 minutes and 10 more pics his mom insisted it was time to go. Reluctantly he climbed out and just stared at the tires in amazment. With tears in her eyes and more thank yous then i could count he touched the truck one last time and off they went.

Did i mention the little guy has down syndrome? It warmed my heart an made my year.

best.....story.....ever!

Bigeffr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's an awesome story. Was the mom hot? cause that was what I thought u were building up to but u pulled out the sensitive side at the end.

LOL Read minds much :emotions36:

There are a couple teenage boys in my neighborhood who just about break their neck following my truck as it drives by them....EVERY time! They are just jealous ;)

Last edited:

Moridin

Reaction score
Out of the compliments I've gotten, best one by far was right after I first got the truck.

Parked at the grocery store, and as I'm getting out this little girl, maybe 6 or 7, comes running up and goes, "My Dad LOVES your truck!!" I looked and saw him 7 or 8 spots away waving at her to come back with a big, kind of embarrassed grin on his face.

210PILOT

Reaction score
My son got his Raptor before me.....2nd day he's driving it he gets pulled over in a 45mph zone. Cop asks if he knows how fast he was going.....I think 60 he says....no, more like 70 says the cop, takes license, registration, insurance card and walks back to his patrol car. Comes back...asks how long have you had the truck? 2 days says my son............long silence as he looks it over. Says, Well, if I had one I'd be tryin' it out too. Just slow down and walked away lookin it over. LOL

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife hates when i get compliments, she yells back, "don’t encourage him" I just smile and drive on. She just doesn’t get, what a shame...

Mine is the exact same way.

She said "I hate driving this truck because everybody looks at us. And you love it, don't you!?!?!?!"

I just smiled and winked back!