Best in the Desert 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Race Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Raptor sounding like a Prius is going to have some real issues. One issue will be for those who live in the country, where you have wildlife. I'm in Montana right now, the elk and deer take off as soon as they hear me coming. Good luck with that, they'll think the wind is just blowing.

Where at in Montana?

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1629d9d420035d523dac61ed26234614.jpg

They even got a first place plaque. Gremlins 1 - Ford 1. Tie breaker in Vegas to Reno.

Here's a video of the truck

https://vimeo.com/158856052

Hahaha he's soo happy about his first place trophy against no one, like he's genuinely excited that he even finished the course at 25 mph.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Hahaha he's soo happy about his first place trophy against no one, like he's genuinely excited that he even finished the course at 25 mph.

Those musta been some big ass gremlins that got him all scerd!!

ajstar89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This whole thing is a joke now, 1 truck in a class that by definition doesn't fit with a "stock and factory" raptor that nobody can buy and has been modded with way more than a cage for safety. I thought this was racing at the best in the desert... You need more than one truck to call it a race. Ford pm me with details on getting a 2017 raptor, competition breads progression!

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I get where some of you are coming from on the small size of the class. Stock class has typically been very small, because it usually depends on corporate support.

Greg and the team as in affect, a marketing arm of Ford at this point. Like working with any team, you need to show the supporters what you can do for them. I would say there is a high number of Raptor, or future Raptor owners that do now share the same passion for the sport, and will never bother looking at the size of the class.

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A mod should really just close this thread since its just turned into a disaster like every other Gen 2 thread.

Serious question to you again.

We agreed on previous thread the target market for this truck is most likley pavement people as that makes up the largest percentage of ownership.

Next question to you as the biggest voice in supporter.

Q: How do you think upgrading is going to be for the Gen 2 as the rear shocks are opposite direction? As you can see in the race photo and one from a auto show the shocks got opposite directions. That means if you want to run bigger shocks or a RST16 / bed bypass you have to weld on more parts to make them work. Just wanted to see your thoughts as the stock setup does work offroad as evident in this thread but for the small percentage that want to have "more" shock, will be more painful.

10329016_1034667636589959_5560658805772373414_n.jpg

24816305449_fb142a74da_b.jpg

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Q: How do you think upgrading is going to be for the Gen 2 as the rear shocks are opposite direction? As you can see in the race photo and one from a auto show the shocks got opposite directions. That means if you want to run bigger shocks or a RST16 / bed bypass you have to weld on more parts to make them work. Just wanted to see your thoughts as the stock setup does work offroad as evident in this thread but for the small percentage that want to have "more" shock, will be more painful.

The base truck also has opposing shocks. So it is a natural change for the Gen 2 Raptor. It was done, in part, to better manage axle wrap, which was certainly present on the Gen 1 Raptor, as well as not unheard of on the base truck.

I understand that the rear shock mounts are Raptor specific (wider and higher) to help with travel improvements.

Yes, higher mount shocks will be a little different, but my guess is that a little welding on the axle (can you buy a driver side mount and weld it on the passenger side or vice verso), it will be mostly straightforward to do, in a similar manner to the Gen 1.

This will be a better truck than the Gen 1, regardless of kind of fart sounds it makes.

I wish I had a chance to drive one, to validate my assumptions on the Gen 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc