Best front diff for front off replacement - 2010 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

burntoutaccountant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I don’t really NEED the front diff done but I would like it done for instances where I don’t drive my bronco. The bronco has Yukon zip lockers (air lockers copied from ARB). I obviously have a rear e locker but want something for the front in the raptor.

Does the torsen just swap in or is there an e locker that is recommended?

Primez

Reaction score
I am in the process of doing this mod and gears. Upgrading to 4.56 for the 37s. Torsen is a drop in and frankly easier than trying to re-gear the OEM open diff. Everything is completely self contained.

You may want to consider new bearings if you’re doing the swap, rather than trying to pull/press your original OEM bearings. Probably much easier. Less tools needed. Freezer and oven combo works well for these.

Torsen also works well with the AdvanceTrac system since it’ll automatically hit the brakes on whatever wheel has completely lost traction, further making the Torsen more effective.

Attachments

• 89EC4056-AB1E-4401-97A0-82B8F9B76A5F.jpeg
    89EC4056-AB1E-4401-97A0-82B8F9B76A5F.jpeg
    212.2 KB · Views: 4

Primez

Reaction score
Honestly, I did a bit of research and found that the Wavetrac has the same faults as Torsen in a 0% traction scenario. Both differentials require some amount of braking to trick the differential to send power to the wheel with traction. Since AdvanceTrac is doing the brake modulation automatically, the advantages of Wavetrac just wasn’t worth the price difference to me.

I’m 0% traction scenarios, both basically become an open diff. There are some clips out there. I think they both effectively the same design, Wavetrac build does seem quality and does everything a bit better. But again, not worth the cost because of the 0% traction fault. If they could completely fix that issue, it’d be a no brainer.

Check this out:

Primez

Reaction score
Worth noting that the second clip shows the faults of these differentials but this effect would be even more exaggerated if you had one wheel in the air, for example.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd look around for a complete 2012-14 Raptor front axle that had the Torsen as standard. You might get lucky.