Bed Covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dnewman9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the Retrax, it looks great, the can on the inside though takes a huge amount of space at the front of the bed.

If I did a retractable again I would look at the USA Truck Covers unit, I think it has a small can.
That being said I plan on putting a Bakflip on my 13. I will be at SEMA though and will look at options.
Dennis

mwright4679

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the backflip hd on my `11 lariat. love that thing. actually just took it off this weekend because it will be going on the raptor when it comes in this week.

the hd is designed to be almost waterproof. they have tubes that collect the water from the rails and it runs it out of the bed through those plastic oval pieces at the bottom of the box in the front.

Def recommend backflip.

RaptorSteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I installed the Bakflip F1 and Bakbox in my Raptor today. I like it. We'll see how they hold up to off-roading. I'm a little concerned that the F1 clamps might vibrate lose during off-roading. For those who Line-X'ed their bed first, the F1 clamps don't like to grip the Line-X up under the rail. That shit is slippery and really tough (that's why we got it, right?)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good question. I have the extang trifold and didn't get any dust in from the top. All the dust in my bed came in from the gaps in the front of the bed and the tailgate.

Joe

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, and I sealed the gap in front of the bed.

Let he say this... The gap in front of bed is for drainage. If you seal it the bed will not drain if you get water in it.

-Greg

Thats what I figured. But it lets in A LOT of dust... Hahahaaa.

Joe

Milez28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the Bakflip F1 and Bakbox in my Raptor today. I like it. We'll see how they hold up to off-roading. I'm a little concerned that the F1 clamps might vibrate lose during off-roading. For those who Line-X'ed their bed first, the F1 clamps don't like to grip the Line-X up under the rail. That shit is slippery and really tough (that's why we got it, right?)

attachment.php

attachment.php

pics not showing for me?