Bed Covers !! Show me what u got!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LastLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I want a rolltop cover, can't decide which one, I like the motorized ones but not sure I like em enough to justify the cost. I'm tracking retrax, rollnloc, pace edwards and so on. Just can't make up my mind, got a bedrug ready and waiting for when my truck gets here, just need to make up my mind about what i'm going to protect it with. Advice? Prejudices?

I am and have been in this same situation for awhile now. I think I have narrowed it down to the Retrax Pro vs the Truck Covers USA one.

I like the handle, no spring load, self contained, powder coat over aluminum features of the Retrax Pro but I hate that glossy finish.

I like the texture finish, great heavy duty quality, powder coat over aluminum, and the rack capability of the TCUSA but I do not like the spring load and that strap.

Both about the same price.

But after many conversations and opinions I think I am leaning towards the heavy duty quality of the TCUSA with the factory rails for the rack system. Their features and accessories just look good to me. I think the TCUSA canister is just a bit smaller also over the Retrax Pro.

Both great covers, just comes down to looks and likable features for me.

Rmeir

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not received the truck yet, but I ordered the Roll x cover for $780. I wanted to get the RetraxPro but it is very expensive $1600.
The Roll x seems to be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve737

Reaction score
Great thread very helpful! I'm about to pull the trigger in the Truck Usa cover. For those of you that have had it for a while are you still happy with it? I almost did the full metal jack rabbit by Pace Edwards but I've read a bunch of reviews that said they had issues with it sagging in the middle and that customer services is pretty sucky. I do like the way it looks.

redgs4

Reaction score
I am and have been in this same situation for awhile now. I think I have narrowed it down to the Retrax Pro vs the Truck Covers USA one.

I like the handle, no spring load, self contained, powder coat over aluminum features of the Retrax Pro but I hate that glossy finish.

I like the texture finish, great heavy duty quality, powder coat over aluminum, and the rack capability of the TCUSA but I do not like the spring load and that strap.

Both about the same price.

But after many conversations and opinions I think I am leaning towards the heavy duty quality of the TCUSA with the factory rails for the rack system. Their features and accessories just look good to me. I think the TCUSA canister is just a bit smaller also over the Retrax Pro.

Both great covers, just comes down to looks and likable features for me.

You may have mentioned earlier, but what are your issues with the TCUSA strap? I have found it useful although if you leave the cover open it must be "tied" down or it will free itself and flap around.

I have had the TCUSA Jr. for about a year and a half and in our beautiful CA weather it has performed fine. Very solid and highly water resistant. I have only had it in the snow a few times and it operated fine, but I imagine any roll-top could have issues if the weather gets really nasty.