Beautiful Texas Afternoon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dataustin

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree! I also think the photos look so much better without the front license plate. Thanks to Debate's suggestion on how to mount the front plate, I can remove it in about 60 seconds for the photo session.

Badrap

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looking good!!

Love the one with the bridge, always had a thing for those style bridges. One thing you might want to try is getting closer to the ground. The more you look up at the truck, the more empowering you will make it look. Its a subconscious trick we use in in film making all the time! :waytogo:

Damn nice pics!
Good advice. A Buddy of mine was telling me to take pics early morn or before sunset. Any comments or critique of these from the ranch is much appreciated SLR. Cameras have always been a point and shoot tool for me without thinking. Auto adjust is my best friend. There are more settings on this camera than I know what to do with.
Thanks!

Attachments

• 107 002.jpg
    107 002.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 57
  • 107 003.jpg
    107 003.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 107 004.jpg
    107 004.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 107 005.jpg
    107 005.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 49

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
A Buddy of mine was telling me to take pics early morn or before sunset.

This is the best advice... The sun is too strong of a light source for cameras, so right when it comes up and right when it goes down is the best time to take outdoor pictures.

Something to google is the rule of thirds. Will make your photos infinitely more interesting to look at. You best composition is the third shot. The sun and your truck balance themselves out well in that shot. I would have only panned up a bit to reveal more of the trees and less of the ground. Also, it can be a bit awkward when you cut off portions of the truck with the edge of the frame. Keep the pictures coming! Nothing beats experience!

Last edited:
OP
OP
dataustin

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A few more photos:

Attachments

• IMG_0286.jpg
    IMG_0286.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0249.jpg
    IMG_0249.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0211.jpg
    IMG_0211.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 46

Badrap

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is the best advice... The sun is too strong of a light source for cameras, so right when it comes up and right when it goes down is the best time to take outdoor pictures.

Something to google is the rule of thirds. Will make your photos infinitely more interesting to look at. You best composition is the third shot. The sun and your truck balance themselves out well in that shot. I would have only panned up a bit to reveal more of the trees and less of the ground. Also, it can be a bit awkward when you cut off portions of the truck with the edge of the frame. Keep the pictures coming! Nothing beats experience!

That's what I was looking for.
Thanks Buddy!

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Excellent composition on #1 and #2 Dat! #3 would look awesome with a bit of a vignette.

#2 is a perfect example of how the "rules" of photography are made to be broken. Its cutting off the truck and doesn't adhere to the rule of thirds but it works.

Marine on Land

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent composition on #1 and #2 Dat! #3 would look awesome with a bit of a vignette.

#2 is a perfect example of how the "rules" of photography are made to be broken. Its cutting off the truck and doesn't adhere to the rule of thirds but it works.

My boss always used to say, suggestion of thirds. Cracked me up cuz he never used it, ever. Drove me crazy. For example if he was taking a portrait photo, he would over use the headspace. Gobs and gobs of it. All I saw was a crop. But rules are always meant to be broken, just understand why they are there.