Battery Died - Aux 1 Left On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BroncoBoy7914

Reaction score
Howdy there,

Last night I received a message from the Ford App that my truck went into Deep Sleep Mode. Went to start it, battery is completely dead. I have read where this has happened to numerous folks, but before I go route of having dealer swap the battery I wanted to confirm here:

-Does leaving the Aux 1 lights on when you turn the truck off, have any way of depleting the battery? I was surprised when I got the truck that the Aux 1 Second fog lights wouldn't stay on w the truck off. In my other rides, I have had the aux switches wired and they would work whether truck was on or off. So with them not staying on, I just leave the AUX 1 switch on. Does doing this drain the battery or would it not have any effect at all?

I'd like to get both sets of fogs to come on with the dash fog button, so I was planning on looking into that soon. Any info, on doing that smoothly would also be appreciated.

Thanks,

Derek

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It should not be an issue. There was a issue of having the zone lighting turned on and leaving it on. It would drain the battery even if the lights where off but the zone power buttin was selected. May want to check that.
The easiest way to get both sets on the fog circuit would be to buy or make a splitter at the connector at the fog light. I would double check the amperage the lights pull beforehand though.

OP
OP
BroncoBoy7914

BroncoBoy7914

Reaction score
It should not be an issue. There was a issue of having the zone lighting turned on and leaving it on. It would drain the battery even if the lights where off but the zone power buttin was selected. May want to check that.
The easiest way to get both sets on the fog circuit would be to buy or make a splitter at the connector at the fog light. I would double check the amperage the lights pull beforehand though.

Thank you very much for confirming! I actually did read that leaving the lighting on with the lights turned off, which ironically I was messing with 3 days ago. I hope this was the culprit versus a battery draining issues. Thanks again, Antho!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
-Does leaving the Aux 1 lights on when you turn the truck off, have any way of depleting the battery? I was surprised when I got the truck that the Aux 1 Second fog lights wouldn't stay on w the truck off. In my other rides, I have had the aux switches wired and they would work whether truck was on or off. So with them not staying on, I just leave the AUX 1 switch on. Does doing this drain the battery or would it not have any effect at all?
it took me a while to catch that “in my other rides” bit. Aux’s are powered with ignition, including key/switch on, engine off and remote start, but once the truck is turned off, aux lose power.

I inadvertently left my B/D wide corner sports on while parked at a hospital. Came out, wife in tow and remote started while she was hopping along and as soon as the truck fired up we got 5 degrees warmer and felt like we were being interrogated by a torturer. They’re bright.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aux switches are ignition/acc only. Did you have the key fob anywhere close? Recently went on a trip, the bedroom for the condo was about 25’ from where I parked the truck. Got the low power message in the morning. Pretty sure truck was communicating with the fob and drained the battery overnight. Left the key further away rest of the trip and didn’t have an issue. Going to be using one of those signal blocking pouches when I can’t keep the key far enough from the truck (like when camping).

sammy134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As others said, switches are based on key ignition. I have my Aux 1, ON all the time. It turns it self off when ignition is off.

That means there is a wiring issue with your AUX switches.

impactbumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having battery drain issues as well. Is there a conversation i can follow through to isolate this?

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I am having battery drain issues as well. Is there a conversation i can follow through to isolate this?

If you don't have a big stereo or ran a bunch of different wiring, then I would let the dealer figure it out. It's a long and tedious process to chase down.

OP
OP
BroncoBoy7914

BroncoBoy7914

Reaction score

For me, this ended up being me leaving the zone lighting powered "On" with all of the lights set to off. After I turned it off and recharged, I haven't had any issue at all. I'd make sure when you click zone lighting that the trucks shows it as powered off.

impactbumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me, this ended up being me leaving the zone lighting powered "On" with all of the lights set to off. After I turned it off and recharged, I haven't had any issue at all. I'd make sure when you click zone lighting that the trucks shows it as powered off.
After reading the ford tech bulletin i found out zone lighting sometimes prevents the truck to go to sleep. Turn that off from your screen and it turns off on ford pass app simultaneously. That hopefully fixed the issue. Very annoying.