Baker Motorsports "Dovetail" Rear End and Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks RA! Hey what do you suggest for the cut edges? I'm thinking some careful use of the touchup brush to take care of any rust concerns, some edge molding to protect against the sharpish edges and call it good?

GsxrRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would do wat up jst said or tape off about 3 mms off the edge and spray it with black gravel gaurd texture since ur gonna paint your bumper black texture or apply little paint and place a thin wrap on he edge

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

Did they completely do a hack cut or did hey fold a small lip on it?

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Kudos to you for not being afraid to cut up your truck J. Looks great!

I like it a lot except giving up the spare tire underneath but not having that down there helps add extra clearance especially lifiting your hitch.

akgsx2002

Reaction score
Ehh, just doesn't look right. I guess if you did alot of rock crawling or tight trails it would atleast be functional & serve a purpose but I'm just unsure about it. From some angles it looks great but other angles it looks like crap. To each their own...

mictouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ehh, just doesn't look right. I guess if you did alot of rock crawling or tight trails it would atleast be functional & serve a purpose but I'm just unsure about it. From some angles it looks great but other angles it looks like crap. To each their own...

Dude have you seen the SIZE if BIG - J ??? I think I would have worded your thoughts a little more careful. They call him BIG J for a damn good reason and believe me you want him on your side. Also, didn't your mother tell you to not say hurtful things? and if you have thoughts like that you should keep them to yourself and just add your opinion by saying I like it - or this is NOT for ME... We try to respect each other and at the dsame time learn from each other...

Thanks BIG J - 95% of the members here really appreciate your threads and your pics.

Keep them coming...