Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread - GEN 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just over a year has passed since we started this thread for Gen 2 owners. Thank You everyone for all of the support and orders! We are very happy to be part of the community. Maybe by 2019 we'll take this from 54 pages to 100 :biggrin:

Post up if you have any questions or feedback related to Baja Designs!

-Bailey, Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

2017-Raptor-Front%20PG.jpg'39179911291_11740b170e_b.jpg

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New Onx6 is having issues. Any thoughts on a fix?

Attachments

• F81E6A9A-272D-4D9B-B034-5165B682651B.jpg
    F81E6A9A-272D-4D9B-B034-5165B682651B.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
New Onx6 is having issues with moisture. Any thoughts on a fix? Rain caused this outage. The right amber light will flicker.

Sorry about the issue! You 100% shouldn't be having this problem. Did you order it direct or through a dealer? Either way we can certainly get it taken care of under our Limited Lifetime Warranty. Please have proof of purchase or original order details ready.
https://www.bajadesigns.com/help/warranty-policy.asp

800-422-5292 or [email protected]

-Bailey, Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

rettags

Reaction score
Bailey - have you thought about offering black brackets rather than silver? This may have already been covered (quicker to ask rather than read 55 pages of posts).
Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rettags, I've been wondering the same thing. I might just have them painted. I'm torn on the pro kit or unlimited. Might have to make a call to Baja Designs.

D

Deleted member 12951

I was told by Baja Designs that they do not powder coat the brackets nor anything on the road map but that was a year ago.

It did not cost very much to get them done myself. It definitely looks better.

8baa195b4ca865a4c9de00471288dc1f.jpg

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Rettags, I've been wondering the same thing. I might just have them painted. I'm torn on the pro kit or unlimited. Might have to make a call to Baja Designs.

When you're between the Unlimited and the Pro kit, my recommendation is to go for the Unlimited. For the $113 upgrade price, you're increasing the distance of your spots by 40% and you're upgrading from the S2 Sport to the S2 Pro.

The Unlimited has been our number one selling kit. And we ran the Unlimited on our shop truck before swapping out the stock bumpers for the ADD Stealth Fighter.

Feel free to reach out if you have any additional questions!

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Bailey - have you thought about offering black brackets rather than silver? This may have already been covered (quicker to ask rather than read 55 pages of posts).
Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told by Baja Designs that they do not powder coat the brackets nor anything on the road map but that was a year ago.

It did not cost very much to get them done myself. It definitely looks better.

8baa195b4ca865a4c9de00471288dc1f.jpg

We do not offer the stainless mounting brackets in a powder coated black finish. You would have to take yours to a local shop to have them coated. We have had many customers do this themselves for custom builds or applications.

@Jtnuge as Apollo posted above me, feel free to post up if you have any questions. What kind of driving are you doing with the truck?

-Bailey, Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

@Sabbadoo running our Gen 2 (17-18) Raptor, S2 Reverse Light Kit
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Ford-Raptor-2017-S2-Reverse-Light-Kit.asp

Looking good!

-Bailey, Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

96423d1516806468t-baja-designs-s2-back-up-lights-install-470a7859-d717-40ed-82fb-2bd0cf053063.jpg

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Nick and Bailey. My driving for the most will be on road. I'm looking to use the S2's for being able to see deer better on the shoulders of the road at night. I'm hoping to utilize all the lights off road come this spring/summer off roading at night. Camping/Exploring.

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Nick and Bailey. My driving for the most will be on road. I'm looking to use the S2's for being able to see deer better on the shoulders of the road at night. I'm hoping to utilize all the lights off road come this spring/summer off roading at night. Camping/Exploring.

Either options would be great!

As Nick said, The Unlimited Kit does feature the S2 Pros in Wide Cornering compared to the S2 Sport found in the Sportsmen and Pro kits. The S2 Pro puts out 2,450 Lumens vs. the S2 Sport's 1,130. Having the increased light output for cornering and near field lighting will greatly aid in detecting wildlife and other obstructions that could enter the roadway.

Not only does the Unlimited Kit feature S2 Pros in Wide Cornering it also comes with Squadron Racers in Spot for long range distance. The Squadron Racer offers ~40% more distance compared to the Pro which is great for high speed or aggressive night driving.

If wildlife is a big concern I would recommend the Unlimited Kit since you have double the amount of cornering light and extra distance for only $125 more.

-Bailey, Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com