GEN 2 Bad rear wheel rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lift it up see if wheel has any play.

Edit: shock could be pooched.

I’m gonna kick my wheels tomorrow.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HighlineRaptor
Reaction score
I cannot find out what is making this noise. The wheel does not move when pushed or pulled at the 12 / 6 or 3 / 9 locations. Now I am thinking that the shocks may need to be replaced.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you are killing me. That is not bearing noise. That is not how you check a bearing. I am not sure what the noise is, but it ain't a bearing.

I get people/customers who video me noises, and not one single time has it worked.

OP
OP
HighlineRaptor
Reaction score
you are killing me. That is not bearing noise. That is not how you check a bearing. I am not sure what the noise is, but it ain't a bearing.

I get people/customers who video me noises, and not one single time has it worked.
I know that video is not how you check bearings. but there was a noise and I wanted to see if it could be replicated. I did check bearings the correct way, just not on video. The sound is focused at the center of the axle hub, just need to figure out if this is a bad noise or just a noise. I have a 9 hour drive, towing my Mustang to the Sturgis Mustang rally coming up, and I want to make sure the truck will be ok for the drive.