Back up camera install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6isntenough

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to install a ford factory back up camera in a 2011 raptor with in dash navigation? Anyone done this yet? And what all do i need?

1Horsepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago and the only answer I got was that it is possible, but you should take it to a dealership. I thought it would be a matter of just connecting the wires but you also have to program the computer to recognize that there is a camera which I guess tells the NAV to go into back up mode.

Here's the reply I got:

The wires for rear camera should be run on every Raptor. Problem is that you will need to get your computer reprogrammed to activate it in the Nav. I think there is a thread somewhere here on how to do that. Not easy and requires a friendly dealer.

In addition to the camera and new rear bezel, make sure that you get the nuts and bolts needed to mount the camera module to the tailgate. I got mine off eBay and I had to go to the dealer.

Last edited:

Doubleeaz

Reaction score
Search on the Raptor forums and you will find a post about someone who did this. If I remember correctly they had to find another Raptor that had exactly same features with Nav and grab the part that was specific to a backup camera with Nav. I am traveling on business and don't have very good Internet access but you should find the posts.

1Horsepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I found another solution, it was in a lockpick for nav thread.

This kit can be installed to your factory Nav system to allow full functionality while the vehicle is in motion, including the rear camera and DVD player! Check it out..

You can also add the "factory" back up camera if your navigation did not come with the option, and you will need the harness sold on this website to make it work with your truck's navigation. That means you can order the truck without it and add it later at a cost savings. (Harness is SYNCCAM12). It's silly, but Ford sells the camera its self, but can't support making it work with the Nav at this time

FORD LOCKPICKS

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had this same issue. My dealer was going to check into adding it, and promised either the factory setup or the aftermarket rearview setup at no extra charge. After reading all three threads that have addressed this issue, I went to the website, ordered the harness, lckpick, and then got on ebay and ordered the emblem oem camera for 140. all in all, I will have the factory setup with the lockpick for the same price I would have paid if it came with the truck....bonus!

1Horsepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd definitely like to know if that set up will work. I wasn't sure if the factory cam would work with the lockpick setup. I was thinking about getting the lockpick camera b/c it has night vision.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im using the night vision camera for the front facing...yup, not sure the oem camera will work without programming the nav, but it should work through the lockpick as an aftermarket if nothing else. Doesnt really matter which way it works to me as long as I have something that keeps me safe in driveways and parking lots.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After 6 hours of jacking around with it, the lockpick works...mostly.

Seems the rearview camera is not getting any power on the harness somehow. Its plugged in, the lockpick supposedly programed the nav, but now in reverse or manual operation, after a couple seconds of black screen, it gies a warning message that it is not recieving a signal. We hooked up a voltometer and sure enough, no juice to the harness at the tailgate. Everything ese works, but either the harness is unplugged somewhere else, or the 2011 has another missing harness.

Doubleeaz

Reaction score
On my 2010, I had to put a new harness inside the cab. Maybe there is something in that harness that connects power to the camera. Could be in your truck it is not connected. The connector for the harness is on the driver's side, at the back under the headliner. I don't have a wiring diagram, maybe someone else has one and look to see where the power comes from.