GEN 1 B&M T/H button mounting ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As the title suggests, curious to see where you mounted yours. I’ll probably just drill a hole next to the cup holder but keeping a look out for alternatives.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
pxl_20221011_182326436-jpg.375163

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What stereo headunit is that ? So no aftermarket shifter has the space for the T/H button? I haven't really looked into shifters truly..

OP
OP
RLTW

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the same adhesive carbon crap and have contemplated the black oem trim pieces, I saw you at one point you could get the entire center console with black trim but the cost was prohibitive lol.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What stereo headunit is that ? So no aftermarket shifter has the space for the T/H button? I haven't really looked into shifters truly..

Phoenix Automotive PX6, but will be replaced soon with a 14.5" Android 11 unit. The only aftermarket shifter available I've seen is the B&M. You could use one of the buttons on it for the T/H button, but I wanted the buttons for the up and down shift.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the same adhesive carbon crap and have contemplated the black oem trim pieces, I saw you at one point you could get the entire center console with black trim but the cost was prohibitive lol.

The adhesive carbon pieces were to get rid of the chrome trim. The black and red trim/seats I have are out of a 2013 Limited. Unfortunately they do not make replacement pieces for those chrome trim rings that are not chrome.

OP
OP
RLTW

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The adhesive carbon pieces were to get rid of the chrome trim. The black and red trim/seats I have are out of a 2013 Limited. Unfortunately they do not make replacement pieces for those chrome trim rings that are not chrome.
yeah I got the carbon covers for the same reason, I’m happy with them for what they are. I’m talking about the black console trim though, they sell the black gloss oem dash panels as well and you can buy the whole center console iirc. I like your radio too, will love to hear what you think of your new one when you upgrade.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah I got the carbon covers for the same reason, I’m happy with them for what they are. I’m talking about the black console trim though, they sell the black gloss oem dash panels as well and you can buy the whole center console iirc. I like your radio too, will love to hear what you think of your new one when you upgrade.

Never seen a gloss black whole center console. The stuff in my truck is from a 2013 Limited that came stock with the gloss black interior with the brushed aluminum trim, red seats, leather door panels, etc. It's not an aftermarket add on.

OP
OP
RLTW

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Never seen a gloss black whole center console. The stuff in my truck is from a 2013 Limited that came stock with the gloss black interior with the brushed aluminum trim, red seats, leather door panels, etc. It's not an aftermarket add on.
Yeah I’m familiar, you can buy the oem trim pieces from different trims off places like tasca or ford parts. There’s a few oem color options like brushed aluminum, I think the raptor oem color is obsidian metallic, but there is also tuxedo black and some discontinued colors. Pretty sure everything but brushed and obsidian are getting harder to find. Definitely saw a whole center console listed as tuxedo black the last time I was looking seriously but it was many hundreds iirc.

Attachments

• AE111915-CC10-4CF7-900F-FD57BDC6D570.jpeg
    AE111915-CC10-4CF7-900F-FD57BDC6D570.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 6