Automatic Tailgate lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the most useful mods I have done...I have a real trunk now when I want it! Never have to worry or wonder if my tailgate is locked!

Happy is an understatement!

RV-Junke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All...Just to add some more color (no punn intended):

2012 Wires were located as mentioned in PASSANGER side front door.
Colors: Gray with Brown stripe....LOCK MOTOR
Light Blue with Green stripe.....UN-LOCK MOTOR

A few things I would STRONGLY recommend as a few have posted:

1. Use a true DC-RMS Amp meter to check wire functions...draws about 2amps when pressing either lock or un-lock on the corosponding wire....about 1.4 amps on opposing...so on the Gray / Brown when hitting un-lock 1.4 amps...or there about

2. DO NOT use those "T" taps as mentioned above...Solder the wires by stripping back the insulation as shown (GREAT DIRECTIONS BTW MTF)

3. Wire to Purple with Gray Stripe opposed to Gray with Brown stripe if you want to un-lock with 2nd push of un-lock button...Purple/Gray is unlock wire for passanger doors....

FYI...In my truck I had 3 Gray / Brown wires...

Once I found the wires, very easy Mod, and WELL WORTH IT!

Last edited:
OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pop and Lock is the only unit of it's kind.
Built like it should have come from the factory installed in the first place.
Not sure why it's not.

There is no other locking device avalible that will fit in our doors with the key lock and camera, other than a few who made home made jobs.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just installed the Pop & Lock in my 2012 Supercrew Raptor.

Blue to purple w/ gray stripe, and brown to gray w/ brown stripe, in the front passenger kick panel. Ran the loom thru the frame the entire way up using flexible mechanical fingers to pull it from hole to hole in the frame.

I need to put a piece of foam in the tailgate behind the actuator to keep it pushed away from the outside skin of the tailgate so the key doesn't bind if I use the key to unlock it, even with 2 washers under the bracket. other than that, everything fit perfect!

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice.

Where did you buy it, if I may ask?

Pop and Lock was supposed to fix the height with all the new kits.

If you got it on eBay or Amazon it might one of the older ones.

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, were the wires in reverse at the plug too?

I mean it's not a biggie it works right, the price is better just wanted to make sure Pop and Lock fixed it.