Auto Start/Stop FORScan Issue on 2019

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MAMiller44

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! Did not expect this thread to go down the route that it did lol. Have to say thank you to everyone who provided this abundance of information.

My own personal choice, due to the overall uncertainty of what the results of disabling BMS via Forscan could do, I ordered an Autostop Eliminator and will be reverting the Forscan coding I did back to normal. So long as the Autostop Eliminator truly functions by simply automatically turning off A.S.S. every time you turn the truck on, that's the functionality I really want here. I'm going to disect it a little bit just to make sure I see how it's working. I know some people will say I'm crazy, but $80 is worth it to me not having to click that button every time.

I will be eventually using my truck for some fun weekends out camping with numerous auxiliary switches in use, and I don't like the worry of wondering if BMS is truly doing it's job in the background. I also have a dash cam hardwired in so that's just another item to keep in mind drawing from the battery. That one is hardwired with a blackbox that turns it off if voltage drops too low, but nonetheless there will eventually be a decent amount of shit plugged into my battery.

FL4x4

Reaction score
Wow! Did not expect this thread to go down the route that it did lol. Have to say thank you to everyone who provided this abundance of information.

My own personal choice, due to the overall uncertainty of what the results of disabling BMS via Forscan could do, I ordered an Autostop Eliminator and will be reverting the Forscan coding I did back to normal. So long as the Autostop Eliminator truly functions by simply automatically turning off A.S.S. every time you turn the truck on, that's the functionality I really want here. I'm going to disect it a little bit just to make sure I see how it's working. I know some people will say I'm crazy, but $80 is worth it to me not having to click that button every time.

I will be eventually using my truck for some fun weekends out camping with numerous auxiliary switches in use, and I don't like the worry of wondering if BMS is truly doing it's job in the background. I also have a dash cam hardwired in so that's just another item to keep in mind drawing from the battery. That one is hardwired with a blackbox that turns it off if voltage drops too low, but nonetheless there will eventually be a decent amount of shit plugged into my battery.

Though I have had the BMS disabled via ForScan since August of 2019 with zero issues, I recently decided to do the same thing. I'm really not big on turning features of the truck off, especially when they relate to the monitoring of the electrical system, and in this case the battery.

I ordered and installed the Autstop Eliminator (AE003 model) last week. The device simply remembers the last state of the A.S.S switch (on or off) when you shut the truck off. When you start the truck up the next time, the Autostop Eliminator will put the switch into the condition it was last in. For me, that's always "OFF".

Only downside for me is that I have to get used to the "OFF" LED on the A.S.S switch always being illuminated.

AE000.1.600x600_300x300.jpg

OP
OP
MAMiller44

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Though I have had the BMS disabled via ForScan since August of 2019 with zero issues, I recently decided to do the same thing. I'm really not big on turning features of the truck off, especially when they relate to the monitoring of the electrical system, and in this case the battery.

I ordered and installed the Autstop Eliminator (AE003 model) last week. The device simply remembers the last state of the A.S.S switch (on or off) when you shut the truck off. When you start the truck up the next time, the Autostop Eliminator will put the switch into the condition it was last in. For me, that's always "OFF".

Only downside for me is that I have to get used to the "OFF" LED on the A.S.S switch always being illuminated.

AE000.1.600x600_300x300.jpg
Do what I did. Remove the top cover and pop out the buttons. You push in the little red tab circled below and the button cover pops off. Sharpie over the acrylic part as shown will dim it down to a little dimmer than the passenger air bag off orange. If you want to completely block the light out black electrical tape on the backside of the button itself. You’re welcome. =D you can thank my OCD lol

A8A39AA7-BE77-4E2F-8CBD-E17E123B87A3.jpeg

156273DC-4E02-4EFF-B8A6-929EF5620BFB.jpeg

E1E89FFB-8435-4757-AA98-9E0E8F7340EE.jpeg