ATV in Truck Bed - Thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Most likely. You could alway cover the tailgate with something. Card board taped to it, would look gay but might work.

Doubleeaz

Reaction score
No issues with the weight. Think about the cable sizes on winches. If they can pull a vehicle, the cables on the tailgate should easily hold the weight of an ATV.

I have put my Sportsman 500 in the bed multiple times and driven as far as 500 miles with no issues.

AVALANCHE

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The vortex size c mudflaps would help your rocks kicking up problems immensly.

RedTailHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to take my ATV to the mountains. Instead of getting a trailer I thought maybe this would work. It is a 2 1/2 hour drive each way - Northern VA to WV. Wondering if this would be too hard on the rear fold down door since both back tires are resting on it. Weight of the ATV is 750lbs. Thoughts.

How did this work out for you? I'm in the same exact boat as you. Live in No Va and plan to take an ATV out to my property in WV.

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the money to haul that 4 wheeler, I would just buy a little open trailer. Your not talking alot of money for a nice reliable trailer and also that would free up your pickup bed to haul gear.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
never thought about rock and debris hitting the tail gate I plan on hauling my 4 wheeler some times I never had a problem with my f250 but the tires weren't as aggressive. how did the trip turn out any problems or did you decide to trailer it?

FLA-SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haul my King Quad 750 all the time. I don't use any straps. Takes less that 2 minutes to load. LA Guard Dog by Kolpin is the devise that secures it. Only $145 Also keeps your ramps from being stolen when riding and away from the rig.

I did make a wheel stop out of 2x8 and 2x4 wood that goes against the front of the bed which I just pull up to. keeps the bike from rocking back and forth or hitting the rear window. The rear wheel sit right on the crack between the tail gate and bed. you can lift the tail gate with two fingers. No weight at all on the tail gate.

Attachments

• ATV 1.jpg
    ATV 1.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 112
  • ATV 2.jpg
    ATV 2.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 117
  • ATV 3.jpg
    ATV 3.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 95
Last edited: