At dinner tonight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We went to dinner with my parents. This is the first time they have seen my truck (2011 or 2012).

My mother looked the truck all over, and then says "I get it"

Puzzled, I asked her "get what?"

She says "this is the corvette stingray of trucks"

I quickly agreed and didn't think twice about what she meant.

She is right, with the big flared fenders, vents, and true definition of performance vehicle.

Maybe she is not as crazy as I thought.

-Greg

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We went to dinner with my parents. This is the first time they have seen my truck (2011 or 2012).

My mother looked the truck all over, and then says "I get it"

Puzzled, I asked her "get what?"

She says "this is the corvette stingray of trucks"

I quickly agreed and didn't think twice about what she meant.

She is right, with the big flared fenders, vents, and true definition of performance vehicle.

Maybe she is not as crazy as I thought.

-Greg
you sir have an awesome mother:waytogo:

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hoolllyyysh!t she's exactly right! I never put it together, but hot damn!

I've had an obsession with the '67 Vette since childhood. I built countless models that Stingray, its optional L88, sidepipes, and three tail lights... the irony is as I grew up, and up, and up, I had to give up on my dreams of every driving one of those things. 6'9" dudes and early Corvette's just don't mix.

Now that I'm lookin, I can totally see the design queues. And it makes a bit more sense why it was love at first sight for me with the Raptor.

Good call Momma Greg! And thanks for sparking some good memories :)

OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Kind of like this one BigJ?

View attachment 5877
aefd82c0-dbc1-a5b2.jpg

-Greg

Last edited:

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Duuuude. Sick!

I had the rare pleasure once of actually popping the hood on a real numbers matching factory original L88 three tail lighted side piped fastback once. At the time (20 years ago?) it was one of only 4 known to still exist, and was valued at over a million dollars.

It looked just like this (might even be the same one, dunno)

1967%20COPO%20Corvette.jpg

rightNut

Reaction score
Duuuude. Sick!

I had the rare pleasure once of actually popping the hood on a real numbers matching factory original L88 three tail lighted side piped fastback once. At the time (20 years ago?) it was one of only 4 known to still exist, and was valued at over a million dollars.

It looked just like this (might even be the same one, dunno)

1967%20COPO%20Corvette.jpg

That thing is beautiful!

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA,
I was just playing out how this conversation would have gone down with my mother. Couldn't have been more opposite.

Her comment would have been...

"I don't get it"
"What mileage does this monster truck get?"

Yes, some apples do fall far from the tree ;) She drives a Prius with a tree hugger sticker on the back.

That is one beautiful Vette Greg, how much HP did that thing throw down? My Lawd!!

On a side note, Holy crap, I'm no longer the tallest FRF'r?? You have me by an inch BigJ!