Armada engineering chase rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ironside

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It would be functional if you a pit crew member of a Baja team but beyond that I wouldn't run trails with it

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford Raptor F-150 Chase Rack | Armada Engineering

There's the link for it. Tried uploading a pic of it again and still nothing, oh well. And I think that "actual" chase racks have a lot more functionality than the rest of these racks on the market that take up all of the bed space. This way you can have the bed open for all the gear you need for the weekend and still have 2 spares with you. I think I'm selling myself on it the more I look at it lol. I'm having a hard time believing that 2 tires will alter the center of gravity that much too.

You would be surprised have you weighed you spare. plus the farther out you move the weight from the center of gravity the greater the effect it has.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
ybe7uba7.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Buster096

Reaction score
Haha so that's an overwhelming dislike of the look of it. I guess I'm just used to seeing them so much at the races that they have grown on me. My 37" km2's weigh in at about 90lbs I think and with a 17" rim I bet I'm at 110lbs a spare. Seems like with the weight distributed on each side of the cab it would lessen the effects of the elevated center of gravity. Just my guess tho. They emailed me more pictures of it and from the front it looks a lot better. I agree that the top view of it makes it look a little wierd. If you look at most of the professional race teams they have racks almost exactly like this one on their chase trucks. So how do you guys fit 2 spares and a quad in the bed for a weekend trip?

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha so that's an overwhelming dislike of the look of it. I guess I'm just used to seeing them so much at the races that they have grown on me. My 37" km2's weigh in at about 90lbs I think and with a 17" rim I bet I'm at 110lbs a spare. Seems like with the weight distributed on each side of the cab it would lessen the effects of the elevated center of gravity. Just my guess tho. They emailed me more pictures of it and from the front it looks a lot better. I agree that the top view of it makes it look a little wierd. If you look at most of the professional race teams they have racks almost exactly like this one on their chase trucks. So how do you guys fit 2 spares and a quad in the bed for a weekend trip?

Bed extender and put the two spares in front of quad. Not sure on the quad size but you might be able to put a tire under the center of the quad depending on width and ground clearance. do you have the quads dimensions?

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score

It's not that bad and if you just using it as a chase truck then it would be fine. All i know is i wouldn't want all that weight up high if i was doing any high speed off roading or hard cornering.

Last edited: