Anyone ever do a trade in out of state?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor50

Reaction score
I did an out of state trade, when I ordered my '20 Raptor in Dec '19. Truck was delayed, took almost 4 months, then it sat another due to Covid and dealer honored the trade price! And there trade price was higher then any local dealer. They barely even looked at the trade either. My trade was a 16 X4M40

Ruckus08

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do dealers out of state do trade ins without looking at them? I have a mint 2017 Sierra that I’m sure someone would want. Problem is all the good deals are out of state. Found a truck in Oklahoma but it’s like 24 hrs from me. Lol.
I’ve done this many times. In June this year I drove from Nashville to Texas and traded in, sight unseen except for few pics I sent them, then drove home in new car for my wife. Because of the used car marked right now I got more money for trade in than I could have gotten privately. It was easy.

0hmygee

Reaction score
I drove to Maine from NJ and traded in my Superduty, and drove my raptor home the same day. :)
Everything was done via phone/text and just had to do some signing.

OP
OP
M

McM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove to Maine from NJ and traded in my Superduty, and drove my raptor home the same day. :)
Everything was done via phone/text and just had to do some signing.
Just found a leadfoot at a great price and he also offered me a respectable price on my trade. Going to make up my mind tomorrow.

OP
OP
M

McM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a trade in from home state of NY to Ohio. Gave me 3 k more for trade then best deal from any local stealer.

Exactly what just happened to me. One dealer hear offered me 30k for my trade, another 35K and Ohio offered me 37K. The sticker on the truck I am picking up was a 2020 7K under sticker. I'm pretty happy.