Any Regret Going Moving To 37"s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
37s are only for looks. Everything else about the truck is worse when you go 37s. When I switched over I instantly felt like the transmission was hunting more, acceleration worse, braking slower, mpg down, etc etc. Not worth it IMO
Careful with statments like “only”, “never”, etc. without a qualifier.

A better way to say it would be for road/daily driving 37’s would only help in the looks department.

Offroad I think they provide more positives than negatives. Small bump compliance would be one of my biggest “likes”, the choppy rough stuff smooths out with a bigger tire. Obviously they also help with ground clearance, tire radius vs hole depth, etc.

Honestly if I didn’t use my truck similar to a “drag and drive” vehicle I would be 40’s by now (can’t seem to find 39’s anymore). 37’s seem the best fit for how I use my truck at the moment. If it ever becomes a trailer queen then all bets are off…..

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
37s are only for looks. Everything else about the truck is worse when you go 37s. When I switched over I instantly felt like the transmission was hunting more, acceleration worse, braking slower, mpg down, etc etc. Not worth it IMO
For street, yes, for off-road, no.

NYC Raptor

Reaction score
I have the stock 37’s and like how it rides and looks. I do highway driving to and from work for 13 miles each way and then the rest of the day on the streets. I like the cushy ride and worry free city driving from potholes. Averaging 13.4 MPG with a heavy foot most of the time. How much faster would it be with 35’s? Never driven one with that tire size before.

Zybane

Reaction score

Not true, 37's are more comfortable and soak up bumps and pot holes better. And more ground clearance and comfort for off roading.

engineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my 35 raptor all over Big Water, Utah/Escalante and had no issues at all. 35 package has longer travel as well.
There should be very few circumstances where 35's keep you from doing what you need off-road. My 4Runner and Range Rover prior to this both had 33's and I had plenty of clearance and tire/sidewall to off-road where I wanted. The way I see it, now I have an additional 2" (with my 35's) so there are no excuses.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to go 37's for the looks though :D