GEN 1 Another spark plug question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ecromer

Reaction score
So I just got my 2013 raptor with 120k miles. Previous owner said he had just changed spark plugs but I like to double
Check things and found he used NGK 6510 not NGK 6509. I know the 6510 is for super
Charged trucks and mine is not. It does however have AFE air intake and stainless works headers. Any danger running these plugs or am I alright?

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2013 should be a 6.2l, your in the 5.4 section.

The heat range isn't an immediate concern. The plugs may not self clean that well but it isn't going to do any real harm. If this was an easy, cheap 30 minute job I would say change them out right away, but it is expensive to buy 8 plugs and the install takes a couple hours.

Best option is to leave them in there and supercharge the truck.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2013 should be a 6.2l, your in the 5.4 section.

The heat range isn't an immediate concern. The plugs may not self clean that well but it isn't going to do any real harm. If this was an easy, cheap 30 minute job I would say change them out right away, but it is expensive to buy 8 plugs and the install takes a couple hours.

Best option is to leave them in there and supercharge the truck.
I think its 16 plugs :33:

OP
OP
E

Ecromer

Reaction score
Didn’t realize I was in the 5.4 section my mistake. Not sure how to fix that. Might be why I haven’t gotten much help on here. But yes there are 16 of plugs.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha, I lapsed. Thanks for the catch! I suppose you could do just the top 8... but that would be silly.

If you start to throw a misfire code at some point that would be the time to go to the correct heat range plug.