All turbo 2017 F150's to get start-stop standard, including Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can neither hear it nor feel it. Imagine being paralyzed and deaf, except you can hear your passenger nagging about "Did it shut off? we better turnaround in case it shuts off" similar experience, haha JK

Start stop is the new cylinder deactivation!

I also noticed how the author mistakenly used the SVT reference in the first paragraph

Last edited:

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How many of us actually bought this truck for gas mileage?? "This technology will "Save 5% in fuel economy." Trust me if the MSRP window sticker saying I'll spend an average of 8 grand more than the standard automobile owner on fuel annually didn't scare me off, then I don't give a flying **** about saving money on gas. 93 octane ******* at 12mpg.

Last edited:

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that you can permanently turn this off through a tune in the current f-150? Chevy has this on malibus (company fleet cars) and you can not disable the start stop in any form or fashion

I absolutely hate this tech, the amount of gas saved does nothing for me. They should make it a no-cost option

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that you can permanently turn this off through a tune in the current f-150? Chevy has this on malibus (company fleet cars) and you can not disable the start stop in any form or fashion

I absolutely hate this tech, the amount of gas saved does nothing for me. They should make it a no-cost option

It can be disabled through a tune, 5 Star's and Livernois at least.

Got a 2015+ F150 2.7L V6 Ecoboost? - 5 Star Tuning

This might help answer some of the concerns.

80-image_af7e3d981de862cc320eaddc501e1ac19bf1d647.jpg