All turbo 2017 F150's to get start-stop standard, including Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I'm saying is, the last thing you want is your truck's engine shutting off on a 30% grade when climbing loose rocks in the Colorado mountains. Makes sense, huh? I'm sure in the concrete jungle, it will be wonderful. Not off road.......

Pretty sure stop start knows you're in an Off Road mode (say rock garden or whatever it's called, riverbed mode or some shit) and knows to not cut power.

I bet there's even a yeti mode just for those Rocky mountain trips, you def don't want power to cut while in pursuit of yeti.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pretty sure stop start knows you're in an Off Road mode (say rock garden or whatever it's called, riverbed mode or some shit) and knows to not cut power.

I bet there's even a yeti mode just for those Rocky mountain trips,
Considering the current start stop shuts off when you put it in Sport Mode, I'd bet it does turn off when you put it in any of the modes other than normal.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Yeah, but are you sure you pushed it? I mean, it happens.......

I'm sure it would also factor in grade. And why would the truck shut off if you're climbing Mt. Everest, that means your wheels stopped spinning.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
In to hear all the downsides from all the negative nancy's...

So start shit before everyone else. Good idea.

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Will the Raptor have electric PS or hydraulic? With the start/stop that makes me think it will have electric PS.

Well at least with start/stop you don't have to worry about the sound while at idle!