Aftermarket Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Thanks! I’m looking into the black rhino sprocket in the 17x9.5 +6mm offset
This is exactly what I’m looking at right now for my 2018 Raptor. I have stock suspension and new BFG KO2’s 315/70/17 in C load rating ready to go on. I’m not the biggest fan of the stock 17” wheels.

Did you end up getting these and do you have any issues?

HB

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before and after. First pic is method mr105 beadlocks with Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ second is method 701 courtesy of @Pacific Wheel with the new Mickey Thompson Baja boss At with snow rating. Both sets of tires are 37 12.5 17 front fenders are McNeil 2+2
View attachment 323030
I like the Black best. I was going to ask if any guys are just running front oversized fenders, and keeping rears as is.

Reaction score
I’m noticing a wheel load rating of most aftermarket wheels between 2200lbs - 2500lbs. Is there a threshold that is technically “unsafe”? I’m going to assume major wheel manufacturers understand load rating and wouldn’t produce a wheel thats unsafe..... Figured the knowledge base here would know for sure.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I’m noticing a wheel load rating of most aftermarket wheels between 2200lbs - 2500lbs. Is there a threshold that is technically “unsafe”? I’m going to assume major wheel manufacturers understand load rating and wouldn’t produce a wheel thats unsafe..... Figured the knowledge base here would know for sure.

The minimum load rating you should have is half of the GAWR of the lowest axle you have.

So if the front GAWR is 3450lb and the rear GAWR is 4150lb, the lightest load rating you can safely have is 1725lb which is half of the front GAWR.

j3ff

Reaction score
does anyone know if Pro Comp make a 69 Series VIntage that will fit the Raptor bolt pattern properly? love those wheels but i don't know if they manufacture an exact fit...

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about you guys, but I'm really liking the look on the new Gen 3 Shelby Raptor.... the wheels, the stance, the additional power(finally something performance added in a Shelby Raptor), and everything looks better. I can do without the chase rack. I'd definitely prefer it in Black, or if they brought back Kona Blue metallic with Flat Black stripes, I'm all in........it just speaks to me! I think these might be Shelby brand wheels.....Much better than the ones Shelby put on their Gen 2 "Baja" edition trucks.

2022-Shelby-F-150-Raptor-03.jpg
2022-Shelby-F-150-Raptor-16.jpg