Aftermarket Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1 - The oem tire is 315/70/17 will fit with no issues
2 - OEM wheels have an offset of +34. The wheels you want has an offset of +18 which is a difference of 16mm. 16mm is the same as 0.629921 inches. Given that the wheel you want is 9" (oem is 8.5") wide means the edge of your wheel will be pushed out a total of .87921" (0.629921 +.25 inches)

I hope the above makes sense.

I want new wheels on my 2018, but wish to keep with the BFG stock tires. I think these will fit the current tires, but I'm hoping someone here can say for sure, as the dimensions are a bit different than the OEM.

These are the ones I'm looking at:
https://www.americantrucks.com/mick...o-4-black-6lug-wheel-17x9-0418-f150-ford.html

• Dimensions: 17x9 – Front or Rear
  • Comes with a 6 x 5.31 Inch Bolt Pattern
  • Features a +18mm Offset Size
Also, with the +18mm offset, what will that effect?

Thanks much.

PDT905

Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to a resource where I can go to learn the basics about proper wheel fitment, specific to the Gen2 Raptor? I see bits and pieces of information in various posts on here, but I can't confidently determine from them how to properly configure an aftermarket set of wheels for my soon to arrive 2019 SCREW.

What I really need is some overview of the interplay between wheel diameter (17-22), wheel width (8.5-12 or whatever), offset, backspacing, and tire size. So if I buy fully forged wheels that can be customized to my liking, why would I choose a 20x9 over a 20x9.5 or 20x10? And how does that choice relate to the backspacing and offset choices? Will any of these setups then preclude me from going with the tires that everyone on this forum likes to run on the Raptor?

I'd like to order a set of light offroad-capable 20" wheels that: (1) can run the Nitto TG or RGs as well as a set of winter tires; (2) leave me with a roughly stock stance; and (3) don't rub or cause other problems after I'm done installing whatever wheel, tire, and (possibly) leveling package that I settle on. In terms of intended use, 95% of the time it will be a DD pavement queen; the other 5% I'll be on Colorado mountain or Moab trails. I won't be competing in races or - intentionally - "sending it" off of anything.

I'm seeing a scenario where I spend a bunch of money, wait 6 weeks for fabrication, and then end up in a "wish I knew that" predicament. Read: What's the best way to get up to speed/acquire the necessary knowledge without messing up five times in the process?

sandfan85

Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to a resource where I can go to learn the basics about proper wheel fitment, specific to the Gen2 Raptor? I see bits and pieces of information in various posts on here, but I can't confidently determine from them how to properly configure an aftermarket set of wheels for my soon to arrive 2019 SCREW.

What I really need is some overview of the interplay between wheel diameter (17-22), wheel width (8.5-12 or whatever), offset, backspacing, and tire size. So if I buy fully forged wheels that can be customized to my liking, why would I choose a 20x9 over a 20x9.5 or 20x10? And how does that choice relate to the backspacing and offset choices? Will any of these setups then preclude me from going with the tires that everyone on this forum likes to run on the Raptor?

I'd like to order a set of light offroad-capable 20" wheels that: (1) can run the Nitto TG or RGs as well as a set of winter tires; (2) leave me with a roughly stock stance; and (3) don't rub or cause other problems after I'm done installing whatever wheel, tire, and (possibly) leveling package that I settle on. In terms of intended use, 95% of the time it will be a DD pavement queen; the other 5% I'll be on Colorado mountain or Moab trails. I won't be competing in races or - intentionally - "sending it" off of anything.

I'm seeing a scenario where I spend a bunch of money, wait 6 weeks for fabrication, and then end up in a "wish I knew that" predicament. Read: What's the best way to get up to speed/acquire the necessary knowledge without messing up five times in the process?

If you click on the link below, you can input your current setup as well as the desired setup and it will show you what differences you can expect. Hope this helps.

Btw, a stock Raptor setup is;

Wheel - 17x8.5 +34 offset
Tire - 315/70R17

Useful tip - the metric conversion for a 35x12.5x17 is 318/72R17

https://www.willtheyfit.com

Last edited:

PDT905

Reaction score
If you click on the link below, you can input your current setup as well as the desired setup and it will show you what differences you can expect. Hope this helps.

Btw, a stock Raptor setup is;

Wheel - 17x8.5 +34 offset
Tire - 315/70R17

Useful tip - the metric conversion for a 35x12.5x17 is 318/72R17

https://www.willtheyfit.com

Very helpful, thank you. Looking at 20x11 ET+14 wheels with 35x1250x20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Not sure if that's too much extra weight with the tires. Wheels would be slightly lighter than the stockers, even at the larger width and diameter.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think 11” are too wide. They may hit the spindle. I’d not go wider than 9” but maybe it’s possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
oem tire is 65 pounds and you are moving to a 80 pound tire. Oh yeah! that is heavy.

Very helpful, thank you. Looking at 20x11 ET+14 wheels with 35x1250x20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Not sure if that's too much extra weight with the tires. Wheels would be slightly lighter than the stockers, even at the larger width and diameter.

Last edited:

PDT905

Reaction score
oem tire is 65 pounds and you are moving to a 80 pound wheel. Oh yeah! that is heavy.

I see most people on here dislike the KO2s and BFGs. Any other tires in this size with less weight that I should look at? I see Cooper has a couple of options. I'll run dedicated snow tires in the winter, so I'm looking for a good A/T option that is relatively quiet and comfortable on the pavement but also capable off-road.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I see most people on here dislike the KO2s and BFGs. Any other tires in this size with less weight that I should look at? I see Cooper has a couple of options. I'll run dedicated snow tires in the winter, so I'm looking for a good A/T option that is relatively quiet and comfortable on the pavement but also capable off-road.

Nitto Terra Grappler G2 is 64lbs in that size. Solid all around tire as well.