Aftermarket Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Very helpful, thank you. Looking at 20x11 ET+14 wheels with 35x1250x20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Not sure if that's too much extra weight with the tires. Wheels would be slightly lighter than the stockers, even at the larger width and diameter.

It looked like was asking about 35x12.50R20 since the Ridge Grappler was too heavy. That G2 in that size is 64lbs

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is another 10 pounds a side for a different tire, though heavy, going to really hurt anything?
depends of you definition of hurt. 10lb per tire is pretty big, in a bad way. Rotational weight should be as light as possible. On the flipside, most people dont care and figure its a truck anyway but it will lose you a lot of mpg and will slow the truck down as well.

Anarchy99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depends of you definition of hurt. 10lb per tire is pretty big, in a bad way. Rotational weight should be as light as possible. On the flipside, most people dont care and figure its a truck anyway but it will lose you a lot of mpg and will slow the truck down as well.

Gotcha, wasn't sure but makes sense. I will keep this in mind while I look around... Cooper A/T3 XLT is looking solid right now.

pigwet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
17" VenomRex 602's in Tungsten installed on my lead foot with OEM sized Duratrac's. No leveling kit, no rubbing full turn either direction.

In my opinion the wheel (any 17" wheel really) needs to be paired with a tire that has a more aggressive sidewall on this truck. Didn't want to buy tires, but ended up with Duratracs which are lighter, quiet, perform great in snow, etc.

Compared to OEM beadlocks, 13 lbs lighter per wheel + 4 lbs lighter per tire. Estimated/calculated 22 ft-lbs more max torque at wheels for the setup; about half of which is attributed to the tires and the other half the wheels (tire rotational mass is further out from axle so it has a larger impact on rotational inertia than the 17" wheel).

Drives great so far and brakes with noticeably less effort.

Thanks Nick@Apollo-Optics

20190305_170023_HDR.jpg 20190305_170032_HDR.jpg 20190305_170046_HDR.jpg 20190305_170106_HDR.jpg Inked20190305_170053_HDR_LI.jpg

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hear so many mixed things about the duratracs - some love them, some hate them. I like the look and I like the weight, but a lot of folks complain of the noise.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
17" VenomRex 602's in Tungsten installed on my lead foot with OEM sized Duratrac's. No leveling kit, no rubbing full turn either direction.

In my opinion the wheel (any 17" wheel really) needs to be paired with a tire that has a more aggressive sidewall on this truck. Didn't want to buy tires, but ended up with Duratracs which are lighter, quiet, perform great in snow, etc.

Compared to OEM beadlocks, 13 lbs lighter per wheel + 4 lbs lighter per tire. Estimated/calculated 22 ft-lbs more max torque at wheels for the setup; about half of which is attributed to the tires and the other half the wheels (tire rotational mass is further out from axle so it has a larger impact on rotational inertia than the 17" wheel).

Drives great so far and brakes with noticeably less effort.

Thanks Nick@Apollo-Optics

View attachment 119894 View attachment 119895 View attachment 119896 View attachment 119897 View attachment 119898

Truck looks great, @pigwet!

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am not sure I have ever heard negatives reviews about duratracs. Are they noisy? When new NO! As they wear they do get louder.

My gen1 has been on duratracs for the last 44,000 miles and in my opinion they are the best all around tire.

I have 602s in the garage waiting on duratracs and then my 2019 will get some new shoes .... when the weather gets warmer.

I hear so many mixed things about the duratracs - some love them, some hate them. I like the look and I like the weight, but a lot of folks complain of the noise.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am not sure I have ever heard negatives reviews about duratracs. Are they noisy? When new NO! As they wear they do get louder.

My gen1 has been on duratracs for the last 44,000 miles and in my opinion they are the best all around tire.

I have 602s in the garage waiting on duratracs and then my 2019 will get some new shoes .... when the weather gets warmer.

We get quite a few complaints for balancing/ride issues. They usually take excessive amounts of weight (even on perfectly round innov8's). We try to stay away from Goodyear as a whole or tell customers to buy them locally. It's an expensive exchange when somebody across the country has a ride complaint.