Aftermarket shocks nitrogen pressures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With Texas Raptor Run coming, I started to install LGE/CTS upper shock mount reinforcement plates.. When I loosened the upper rear shock bolts, I noticed there was no upward pressure from the shocks. Both rear shocks were completely flat, meaning I could compress them fully and they stayed compressed.. So I contacted several people including the vendor about this issue.. Seems across the board (fox, king, icon) these shocks can and will loose nitrogen pressure over time.

So now that you read all this, what is the point? Since the pressure loss is gradual you might not notice it right away.. So check your pressures in your shocks before you go out in play, just like you would in your tires..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you broke it! JK!
Damn you lost all your nitrogen already? I guess you will be buying a shock gauge.

OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am thinking overloading the sagging ass springs during the snowball 500 causing the shocks to work that much harder had something to do with it..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)