Aftermarket rearview camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1Horsepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my first time posting. I've done a search concerning cameras front and rear but I haven't found the answer I'm looking for. I have (or will have) a 2011 SCAB w/luxury and NAV. I ordered 04/08/11, build date 06/13/11. It's sitting at a railyard in Winslow, AZ right now. Anyway, I did not get the Plus Pkg. for some reason so I'm not going to have a rearview camera. I had a few questions about trying to add an aftermarket cam.

-Are the stock camera wires run into the rear of the truck even if a camera is not installed?

-My main concern is how to hook into the factory NAV unit, I'm not sure how I'd get the rearview to pop up on the nav automatically while in reverse with a non-factory set up.

I managed to find the part number for the stock camera w/emblem and I may put that in if I cannot find another solution. The camera I'm looking at is a Sony on Amazon, it's supposed to be compatible w/ Sony radios and it's about 85 dollars. Thx.

Doubleeaz

Reaction score
The wires for rear camera should be run on every Raptor. Problem is that you will need to get your computer reprogrammed to activate it in the Nav. I think there is a thread somewhere here on how to do that. Not easy and requires a friendly dealer.

In addition to the camera and new rear bezel, make sure that you get the nuts and bolts needed to mount the camera module to the tailgate. I got mine off eBay and I had to go to the dealer.