Aftermarket Plug and play SCREW Sub box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it really too much to ask for? Why do we still not have a simple plug and play solution yet? I see all kinds of boxes and amp combos that take less space than that CRAPPY Sony box under our bench.

WTF?!:buttkick:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not many manufacturers will spend the time to design something, because of the space factor. a small woofer and a small amp to fit in the same location will not be cost effective. the power going to the factory sub amp (depending on the truck) is way to small to handle the current necessary to power a decent amp. and peoples expectations will exceed the capabilities of the setup. however i will be working on a solution to fit the same location, but you will need to run a new power cable.

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
not many manufacturers will spend the time to design something, because of the space factor. a small woofer and a small amp to fit in the same location will not be cost effective. the power going to the factory sub amp (depending on the truck) is way to small to handle the current necessary to power a decent amp. and peoples expectations will exceed the capabilities of the setup. however i will be working on a solution to fit the same location, but you will need to run a new power cable.

I'd like to see what you come up with..I want more noise but I can't sacrifice space.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i will try to persuade SVTCALI to let me borrow his truck again after the pismo meet this weekend and will get going on the project.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Running power and remote turn on is extremely easy. The passenger side "sill protector," the one that runs all the way from the back of the cab to the front, pulls up to reveal and channel of wires. Run power and remote thru there.

OP
OP
DubbsFaris

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if a power wire is all it takes, lets get going on this...I didnt have a problem running bed lighting all the way up the passenger side to the engine compartment, sure no problem running a wire from same area half the way back.