After 2 weeks of ownership 2019 comparison to my Modded Gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some people have asked me , how do they compare. Been driving my 19 for 2 weeks straight pretty much because its cold in the morning and i'm a wimp so i use the remote start which my 10 does not have. Saturday I took my Modded Gen 1 to the car wash , I have full icon suspension RXT system 37 inch toyos, chase rack and 2 spares in back , SW headers and lightning exhaust no cats , whipple 11psi boost. 4.88 gears. Full Alcon brake kit . The Gen 1 seats pretty comfy but they have had 9 years to form to my ass , i think they are good as the recaro. Brakes big difference Gen 1 are right there no waiting, Gen2 kind of mushy but i haven't really had to get on them . Pull out of my neighborhood hit the dips in road my normal way into town , tad rougher that my 19 , attribute to weight , tire choice and psi and shock settings. Get to first stop light . Waiting at light , light turns green I hit the gas and 37's just roast . Definitely my Gen 1 has the low end torque . Where the GEN 2 really shines in the mid range. After car wash , pick up some food in drive through listen to stock Sony definite quality difference vs the B and O. So normal driving the Gen 1 is bit rougher and Gen2 has a very plush ride. I Can tell the weight difference between the trucks. Gen 2 has technology beat by long shot pretty cool to be monitoring A/F ratio and oil pressure, charge temp on dash. Looks i think GEN2 is a bit more aggressive. Checked the oil on 19 it just passed 500 miles looks like i'm half a quart down It was full at 50 miles when i brought it home. I topped off and will check again at 1000 miles. i know there is a TSB for oil consumption , i will wait until 1000 miles and see where level is before i take it in.