GEN 1 Adjusting 3.0's and Alignment Camber

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

I cannot get my alignment into the specs posted by @pirate air. I have my shocks adjusted to slightly above mid perch. RPG 1.0 UCAs. I'm told there is not enough adjustment in the lower to put it where it needs to be.

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
Run Raptor Run | Great Lakes Raptor Excursions (GLRE)

Do you recall what your camber has been?
My caster is in the 7's but that is because of my Rogue UCA but high caster to me isn't an issue. I figured they could get the camber and toe in Ford specs though. We will see next Tuesday.

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running mid perch and also the RPG 1.5 UCA. I am still not able to get the camber within spec and you can almost see the tilt of the tires inward when looking at the truck straight on. The lower alignment bolts are maxed out on the front side and supposedly there isn't anything else the alignment shop can do. If anyone else has a solution to this I will be happy to hear.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

I am running mid perch and also the RPG 1.5 UCA. I am still not able to get the camber within spec and you can almost see the tilt of the tires inward when looking at the truck straight on. The lower alignment bolts are maxed out on the front side and supposedly there isn't anything else the alignment shop can do. If anyone else has a solution to this I will be happy to hear.

What were your camber settings last time it was aligned?

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What were your camber settings last time it was aligned?

I just tried to have it realigned on 03/29/16 and the left camber was -1.0 right camber was -1.0. Left Caster was 5.8 and right caster was 6.2. The specs for the front Caster show a min of 2.7 and a max of 4.7.

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you guys have adjustable uppers, the number one thing you can do to promote happy raptor adventures is to slip a weld washer on either side of your lca bolt, and throw a little bead on them after it's been aligned.
Before doing this I was losing my alignment every month, with and without alignment cams.

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

I just tried to have it realigned on 03/29/16 and the left camber was -1.0 right camber was -1.0. Left Caster was 5.8 and right caster was 6.2. The specs for the front Caster show a min of 2.7 and a max of 4.7.

That's totally acceptable. Up to 7 degrees caster is ok for an offroad vehicle.

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you guys have adjustable uppers, the number one thing you can do to promote happy raptor adventures is to slip a weld washer on either side of your lca bolt, and throw a little bead on them after it's been aligned.
Before doing this I was losing my alignment every month, with and without alignment cams.

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

That's totally acceptable. Up to 7 degrees caster is ok for an offroad vehicle.

Unfortunately my uppers are not adjustable. The torque spec on those bolts are around 250 ft lbs if I remember right and no matter what, it slowly goes out of alignment. The raptor is my daily driver and sees about 85% pavement driving so I just worry about tread wear on new 37's.

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what Ford was thinking with the whole slotted lower mount thing. Damage mitigation I suppose. It's a pretty Mickey mouse setup.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Nothing wrong with that. Camber specs are .3 to -1.2 so you are good in my opinion. And because of your UCA the caster seems fine too.

My camber right now is .9 on the left and 1.0 on the right, both positive, bad!

My caster was at 7.4 on left and 7.7 on right. Okay will that.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you recall what your camber has been?
My caster is in the 7's but that is because of my Rogue UCA but high caster to me isn't an issue. I figured they could get the camber and toe in Ford specs though. We will see next Tuesday.
I do not.
The last two alignments I got they used chalk and string. Said the alignment was the best it will be with the current components.

I need to replace my tie rod ends soon. And I have talked with a new alignment shop, so I'm hoping for better results once I'm done with the maintenance.

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
www.runraptorrun.com