Adding decals/graphics after ceramic coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mariners Fan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting the Ford Performance hood cowl decals and the Baja Mode for the rear sliding window. I've had my whole truck ceramic coated at Ceramic Pro (can't remember the name of the product they use) and was wondering if there are any special application instructions for adding decals after coating. Or is it a bad idea to try and put the deals on after ceramic coating? TIA!

BrianB

Reaction score
As long as you do it right once when aligning the Decal shouldn’t be an issue. Always use products infused with Ceramic like Turtle Wax or Gtechniq after. I wrapped my car after getting it Ceramic and removed it and had no issues.

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your ceramic coating was professionally applied, and it’s 9H, nothing will stick to your trucks paint, unless you remove the ceramic coating. I tried removing Ceramic Coating and the best method I found is Mr Clean Magic eraser. I’ve tried it on painted calipers and it worked very well and have never tried this on the truck paint, so I can’t speak to how it will react with the factory paint. I would start off with the light pressure and test it by trying to apply blue tape and see if it sticks.

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ceramic coated my entire truck 3 times myself. Then later decided to put some graphics on hood cowl. They’ve all washed off in the rain or with washing.

OP
OP
Mariners Fan

Mariners Fan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'll see if Ceramic Pro will remove it from the small areas where the decals go, put the decals on and refinish it when I take it in for the annual inspection.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man good stuff I was getting ready to have front bumper painted with skid plate to match and then have Ceramic coating done and then applying my graphics. Good thing I happened to read this thread! Thanks guys.