GEN 2 ADD Pro bumper + Full Race intercooler install issues. Any ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

802Avalanche

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I assume that if you have ACC then an aftermarket bumper would pretty much negate it? BTW ... I have a 2019 and the stop and go function works really well.

I wouldn't say "negate it". I can still use it. It is operable. I am just not a patient man. I like to drive my own vehicle, and I prefer to solve problems with the loud pedal when possible.

I can't speak for others, but I would say that if you really like your ACC, then do not do an aftermarket bumper that requires relocation of the collision sensor pad. In my experience, even before mods, the ACC was never 100% accurate. There were instances (weather, swaying tractor trailers in the adjacent lane, etc.) where it got kind of funky. However, at least the OEM sensor pad location is tucked nicely behind a plastic bumper cap. Once relocated behind the grill, even if you get it aligned properly and recalibrated, you will have far more issues with any buildup on that sensor pad, which is now way more exposed to the elements (think rain, snow, ice, sleet, dead bugs, dirt, mud, etc, etc). Even not running ACC, my collision sensor will fault now and then from weather. is that a huge deal to me? Not really. It cures itself a few miles down the road when the pad clears. Is it annoying? Yes.

Depends on the user. if you run your truck only on weekends in the dirt, go for the bumper. if you daily your Raptor in heavy traffic, or drive on long road trips, then you might prefer to keep the tech working as designed.

OP
OP
FrodoTBaggins88

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update for anyone else looking at frame-cut bumpers and intercooler relocate. Full Race intercooler kit doesn't support frame-cut bumpers. It's an edge case and they're not gonna re-engineer their mounting to give the needed clearance. If you need clearance for frame-cut bumpers you have to run ADD's (AFE) intercooler kit (or you could run the Full Race intercooler with ADD's mounts, but it will cost you more money). If you have a 2019 it has a new ACC distance sensor module. Full Race said they would update their ACC module bracket to be universal like ADD's is.

I don't fault Full Race in my case for the fitment issues. It was just a lack of information between ADD's site, Full Race's site, and my dealer (Stage 3 Motorsports) site that could lead you to purchase the Full Race kit and have it not fit. In my case my dealer stepped up and took care of me by getting me the ADD intercooler brackets. Full Race is making me a custom cold-side intercooler pipe to get my Turbosmart BOV tucked up inside the bumper.

Also going to plug Stage 3 Motorsports because they've been incredibly helpful. When things didn't fit they went out of their way making calls on my behalf to ADD and Full Race and got a solution for me and didn't charge me anything additional. Everything I've bought through them has been shipped virtually same day, a lot of it was overnighted or 2-day. Can't say enough good things about them. They also gave me some solid discounts on my orders and I didn't even ask for them, they just did it. So rare to find a company that cares about their customers these days and they have a customer for life here.

Reaction score
hi, sorry I never saw this post. we are fairly certain this intercooler works with frame cut bumpers. we made the intercoolers since 2011, manufactured for Add before they had afe knock it off. if there was a change to the bumper that may have been the issue here.

Full Race V2 intercooler here with ADD Pro bumper on a '17. I later swapped out one piece of Full Race piping for the similar ADD pipe from their AFE kit in order to keep my factory eBOV tucked up "behind" the skip plate.

Can you post a photo of your ADD Pro bumper? i am trying to determine if something changed on the bumper recently in order to sell their beams

It's still on Full Race as I told them a month ago it did not work with the ADD Pro Front Bumper. ADD use to sell the Full Race Kit, I think ADD knew it did not work and why they have different mounts.
The Full Race Intercooler Bracket is a 1-1/2" too low. Sucks for the end user like us either way

I understand your frustration. if I were in your position I would probably feel the same way. Please understand we've made this intercooler kit since 2012 and previously had no issues with add pro bumpers. you guys were the first we heard about, so i believe something has changed recently. if someone posts a photo of the older add pro bumper that may clarify what changed

Last edited: