Add me to the oil leak group

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A service message was released today advising front crank seal replacement following a revised procedure.
Isn't a crank case seal replacement extremely invasive? Thats pretty bad. Why is the crank seal leaking on a new motor? Supplier part?

Edit : Wrote this before reading page 2.

So its not an internal bearing its just a external seal element… i was thinking it was like a main crank bearing going out. Not the case i guess.

Last edited:

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously? You just got banned under your new username. And here you are making a fool of yourself using the old one. What is your mental health disability?
OK I gotta ask,what is the deal with this guy lol...I've seen him booted like 3 or 4 times in a month it seems like with different names lol...

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Isn't a crank case seal replacement extremely invasive? Thats pretty bad. Why is the crank seal leaking on a new motor? Supplier part?

Edit : Wrote this before reading page 2.

So its not an internal bearing its just an external seal element… i was thinking it was like a main crank bearing going out. Not the case i guess.
Yep, it’s just the seal behind the crank pulley, nothing internal.

Jred2255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My R is leaking oil for the 2nd time.
First time was the day I took delivery. Truck spent 25 days in the shop, the crank case cover and seal was replaced.
I got the truck back on March 19th. I put 2k miles on the truck in a week and we're leaking again. Dealership is diagnosing it now.

GenoTX

Reaction score
My R is leaking oil for the 2nd time.
First time was the day I took delivery. Truck spent 25 days in the shop, the crank case cover and seal was replaced.
I got the truck back on March 19th. I put 2k miles on the truck in a week and we're leaking again. Dealership is diagnosing it now.
Hmm. So far I’ve been ok since the cover and seal both were replaced. It was a process for sure. Good luck and I’m sure they will get it corrected.

Jred2255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm. So far I’ve been ok since the cover and seal both were replaced. It was a process for sure. Good luck and I’m sure they will get it corrected.
My buddy had the cover and seal replaced on his R as well. He was out there with me with weekend, no issues for him.