Add me to the oil leak group

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jred2255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My R is leaking oil for the 2nd time.
First time was the day I took delivery. Truck spent 25 days in the shop, the crank case cover and seal was replaced.
I got the truck back on March 19th. I put 2k miles on the truck in a week and we're leaking again. Dealership is diagnosing it now.
It's the crank seal again, no surprise there. At least the wait won't be as long as oil leak #1, part is supposed to show up tomorrow.

RyGy

Reaction score
After 1220 miles you can add me to the list of leaks. It’s small at this point, but I’m totally bummed. The most frustrating thing… called 2 dealers in Salt Lake and they tried scheduling me 2 weeks from now. At what point do we stop the insanity with ADM and unreasonable response times. After making a stink I’m going to drop it off today. Fingers crossed they actually want to help.

Update: the dealer confirmed the crank case seal and cover is the issue. Cover is on back order and does not know when it will be available. Bummer!

Last edited:

BayRaptor925

Reaction score
At this point it's almost safe to assume we'll all get the leak at some point. I wonder if they'll actually start replacing all of the seals on all trucks built through a certain period.

Orangelaw98

Reaction score
Spoke with my local dealers service representative after the truck was towed this morning. Crank seal and front cover are on back order no idea how long it will take to get the parts. Truck is parked hopefully inside till it's fixed.
Took delivery on 2/25. 39 days and 4224 Mike's before failure which is better than most.

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Updated service message released today. Some front covers were manufactured with a seal bore that is out of specifications, so they are having dealers replace both the crank seal and front cover.
Thanks much for all the informative posts! At least my job #2 R should have proper cover and seal when it shows sometime around Christmas or just in time for the New Year!