ADD Bomber + Rigid install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Igor Sakhnov

Reaction score
It's almost a year of ownership for me (ok, more like 9 months) and truck is taking shape with new IC, Goose-tune and now ADD Bomber with Rigids. I guess I'm not well qualified to do it in one day, so it took full Saturday and big chunk of Sunday to get it all done, with couple of trips to Home Depot along the way for missing bits, and similar.

Setup went generally fine, with two big hick ups.

First - relocation of the adaptive cruise module. Complete failure on my side as I started on it before removing IC scoop. No matter how I tried, the wire was way too short. I even drilled the second hole in the grille to align it the best possible way - no way to plug it into the module. It's always helps to take a pause and think .... Looking at wiring, I realized that I still need to remove IC scoop, and that freed up tons of slack from the wire harness making it a breeze to plug in. Easily an hour if not more of slow down.

Second - I'm clearly not a mechanic, so installing u-nuts I managed to push one of them inside. Full stop here. There is no way to fish it out no mater what proctology methods I tried to use. Eventually (at lease good ninety minutes) I've given up and settled to reuse factory u-nut for that location.

Smaller mishap, plugged in two 360s into a 5amp instead of 15amp immediately blowing the fuse.

This problems aside, I love the outcome. AUX1 for driving lights, AUX2 for spots and AUX6 for sides. Thank you @Nick@Apollo-Optics for setting me up with both bumper and lights.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Igor, you crushed it! For someone who claims to be a novice, this is a great install! The bumper fits perfectly along the factory trim pieces all the way to the edge of the truck and is perfectly centered from side to side. All lights fit perfectly and I'm glad you go it all wired correctly, despite the one hiccup!

Thank you again for your support and your patience with us as we got all this together for you!