About the cutoff date...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broderick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After going through that "last date to order" thread, it concerns me.
The situation is, I will have my job started in mid June this year and I was planning to order my 2014 Raptor after that. But since everyone is concerning the cutoff date of 2014 model, I don't know if I should order mine anytime prior to that.
Say the cutoff date is sometime before May, is it possible that there are still some trucks left on dealers' lot. Or they just order from the factory whenever there is someone orders.
I will finance the truck with PenFed, so it probably means cash to dealers.
BTW, I'm in Houston...

So...any inputs?

SVT N8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd guess they'll still be hitting lots through out summer. You just would have to choose from what was available. They won't go extinct like the original.

D

Deleted member 12951

I would think there will be lot raptors but I would imagine that they will be no less than MSRP and most likely more. If you are okay with that then you might be okay.

Sent using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Broderick

Broderick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx y'all for the inputs.
2 more questions,
1. Do I need to get the financing things done before ordering?
2. How much time does it usually take from order to delivery? It seems to vary a lot from case to case.

9599svt

Reaction score
Thx y'all for the inputs.
2 more questions,
1. Do I need to get the financing things done before ordering?
2. How much time does it usually take from order to delivery? It seems to vary a lot from case to case.
I am going to finance a portion of my raptor and the dealer told me not to do the finance paper work till after the truck is built. The interest rate will only be locked in for 30 days, so that's the reason to wait. I do have very good credit and have bought vehicles from them before so that might have something to do with them not running a credit check on me before placing the order. The contract is still written up that the sale is contingent on financing that is acceptable to me. Sometimes financing can get tricky if you just started a job depending on what your previous work history is, so it might be worth a talk with a local bank / credit union to see what they say. The wait is like you said, all over the place.