A Ford tech's take on "THE CLUNK" (THE ONE and ONLY CLUNK THREAD)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the info jdowens.

Glad to hear Ford is working on a permanent solution for all you clunkers out there!

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
3007 - 2011 raptor driveline clunk/slip/bump/chirp
some 2011 f-150 raptor vehicles may exhibit excessive clunk or a chirp/slip/bump condition from the driveshaft on acceleration from a stop or when bringing the vehicle to a stop. Greasing the slip yoke or driveshaft replacement will result in repeat repair attempts. Engineering is investigating through the quicker service fix (qsf) process, and is developing a service repair procedure. Continue to monitor oasis for updates.

Good to have it confirmed. Thanks.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...so did your dealer do nothing in regards to the clunk...ie lube your slip yoke? ...pending the outcome of some future fix? Wish I was closer to a dealer.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well that blows. "Some 2011 F-150 Raptor..."

What about us with the ******* clunk in a 2010?!

jefros

Reaction score
I had brought my 2011 in for the clunk but they refused to do anything to it. I think this relates to the lack of a TSB while Ford comes up with a fix as mentioned. I was pissed at the time but if I eventually get a permanent fix out of it, I guess that would be better. I left the dealer with them telling me they would be in touch! :roflsquared: