890 mile pick up and shake down drive impressions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just saw a video on YouTube of a guy watching Netflix while driving. I think it’s an app on phone.

CookieMonster11b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
19 mpg!!! I wonder if the exhaust mode increases mpg hrmm??? What would you say your average mpg is during city driving? I'm getting around 13 mixed 65/40 city and highway. Are you in normal or sport mode? @Owspeed

OP
OP
Owspeed

Owspeed

Reaction score
19 mpg!!! I wonder if the exhaust mode increases mpg hrmm??? What would you say your average mpg is during city driving? I'm getting around 13 mixed 65/40 city and highway. Are you in normal or sport mode? @Owspeed
When I’m highway and longer trips I keep it in Sport or Baja mode, if I feel the sound will not effect anyone. I enjoy the sound but try to be respectful of the volume in neighbors etc.
Around town usually in standard mode. The getting a 14.9mpg average.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to refresh this thread a few times to make sure I was believing my eyes.

I had a E90 and F80 which I tracked 5-6 weekends a year on many different tracks(Road America, Joliet autobahn, Blckhawk) so I feel I have some experience in racing ///M cars. In no such universe would I consider my 2019 raptor to be even in the same league. Yes the Raptor is bass *** compared to my other F150’s but I would never use raptor and M3 in the same “performance” category.

Talk that the Raptor is as good or better than a X5? My wife had 6 x5’s from many different generations and once again, I would not consider them in the same class. I cannot speak to the base model baby motors with 17” wheels but anything with a V8 and real wheels cannot compare.

I am a long time bmw guy as well as Ford guy and love them both but i cannot in compare those together.

magnushouston

Reaction score
Owspeed - Congratulations!! Thank you for a great review. Would you be able to comment on the "noise level" in the cabin compared to other vehicles?
Congratulations again and have fun.

OP
OP
Owspeed

Owspeed

Reaction score
I had to refresh this thread a few times to make sure I was believing my eyes.

I had a E90 and F80 which I tracked 5-6 weekends a year on many different tracks(Road America, Joliet autobahn, Blckhawk) so I feel I have some experience in racing ///M cars. In no such universe would I consider my 2019 raptor to be even in the same league. Yes the Raptor is bass *** compared to my other F150’s but I would never use raptor and M3 in the same “performance” category.

Talk that the Raptor is as good or better than a X5? My wife had 6 x5’s from many different generations and once again, I would not consider them in the same class. I cannot speak to the base model baby motors with 17” wheels but anything with a V8 and real wheels cannot compare.

I am a long time bmw guy as well as Ford guy and love them both but i cannot in compare those together.
Hello MRV,
I understand what you’re saying. And I’m not trying to suggest to compare that the raptor on track or good fast road with good conditions is comparable to a sporty SUV or a sport sedan. But on tight mountain roads with horrible California potholed road conditions the raptor is truly comparable. Currently have an X5, M3 competition and my wife’s Porsche Macan S. At speeds anything over 80 miles an hour that feels like a track, for sure they have the advantage.
I also compare to a good sport adventure bike versus a full sport/track bike. On mountain roads with debris, traffic and spotty surfaces conditions the difference is not great. At that point it’s all rider not the machine.

Cheers

William

OP
OP
Owspeed

Owspeed

Reaction score
6C1F8B5A-827B-4BBC-A8F1-243D90516F3A.jpegB018DBD5-85E1-4030-B9F7-C5B679F4528C.jpeg
Recently had the Raptor color corrected and full ceramic coating. Paint, glass and plastic. Also put PPF on the headlights. New 703 method wheels just came in waiting for tires.
I’ve never been one to fuss over high level finishes or detailing but I am impressed with the results.

William
Santa Cruz, Ca