6 year 100k bumper2bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turk10mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the entire Geico policy. It's true bumper to bumper.

Policy Number:
PERSONAL AUTOMOBILE POLICY ENDORSEMENT
MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN COVERAGE TEXAS
Your policy provisions are amended as follows:
SECTION III - COVERAGE FOR DAMAGE TO YOUR AUTO Section III is amended to provide Mechanical Breakdown Coverage.
The amount of applicable deductible shown in the policy declarations shall apply to each loss under this Coverage. A $50 deductible shall apply to glass breakage without any other damage to the auto, unless you carry full Comprehensive Coverage.
Mechanical Breakdown
We will pay for loss caused other than by collision or comprehensive due to the mechanical breakdown of the covered auto. Losses from mechanical breakdown shall not be accumulated to reach the deductible.
Supplemental Coverage A - Rental Reimbursement
We will reimburse you for expenses you actually pay to rent a substitute vehicle because of a covered mechanical breakdown or failure. The most we will reimburse you is $20 per each eight hours (or fraction thereof) of factory-rate labor time to a maximum of $120 per mechanical breakdown or failure . In computing the maximum $120 reimbursement per repair visit, up to three days of down time, required for parts procurement only, is
reimbursable.
Labor Hours 0.1 - 8.0 8.1 - 16.0
16.1 - 24.0 24.1 - 32.0 32.1 - 40.0 40.1 or more
Reimbursement will be calculated according to the following table:
Rental Reimbursement
$20
$40
$60
$80
$100 $120
This Coverage applies in addition to payment made under "Mechanical Breakdown" Coverage. No deductible applies to this Coverage.
Supplemental Coverage B - Towing Reimbursement
We will reimburse you up to $40 for towing expenses you pay to tow the covered auto to a repair facility because of a covered mechanical breakdown or failure if repairs are actually made. This Coverage applies in addition to payment made under "Mechanical Breakdown" Coverage. No deductible applies to this Coverage.
DEFINITIONS
The definitions contained in the Definitions Section of the policy apply to this amendment.
Definition 8. Loss is replaced with the following:
8. Loss means all risk of physical damage to the covered auto or its equipment, except as otherwise excluded.
For the purposes of this amendment, the following definitions have been added:
9. Covered auto means any vehicle described in this policy for which a specific premium charge indicates there is Mechanical Breakdown Coverage. Covered auto does not mean:
a. A newly acquired vehicle;
b. A replacement vehicle; or
c. A temporary substitute auto.
10. Mechanical breakdown or failure means the inability of any covered part installed by the original manufacturer, or a like replacement part, which has received the lubrication services recommended by the vehicle manufacturer, to perform the function or functions for which it was designed. It does not mean gradual reductions in operating performance due to ordinary wear and tear.
EXCLUSIONS
For the purposes of this Section III amendment, Exclusion 2.c. is deleted. The following exclusions are added:
12. Oxidation and rust damage are not covered.
13. Damage caused intentionally by you or any other person using a covered auto with your permission is not covered. 14. Loss due to misuse, alteration, or lack of proper maintenance is not covered.
CC280T (05-14) Page 1 of 2

15. Tire wear or other tire damage is not covered.
16. Normal wear and tear is not covered.
17. Routine maintenance services and parts are not covered. This includes, but is not limited to:
a. Engine tune up;
b. Suspension alignment;
c. Wheel balancing;
d. Filters;
e. Lubrication;
f. Engine coolant;
g. Fluids;
h. Spark or glow plugs;
i. Brake pads;
j. Brake linings; and
k. Brake shoes.
18. Any loss to the extent covered by warranty, recall or voluntary repair programs is not covered. This exclusion does not apply to losses under the "Rental Reimbursement" or "Towing Reimbursement" Coverages to the extent that they are not covered under a manufacturer's new vehicle warranty.
19. Any loss to a non-owned auto or to a temporary substitute auto is not covered.
20. Any loss to a newly acquired or replacement auto is not covered.
21. Any pre-existing loss or damage to any covered auto is not covered.
AUTOMATIC TERMINATION
For vehicles model year 2015 and later, Mechanical Breakdown Coverage will terminate either when the Odometer reading exceeds 100,000 miles or 7 years after the Mechanical Breakdown Coverage is added for the covered auto, whichever occurs earlier. For vehicles model year 2014 and prior, Mechanical Breakdown Coverage will terminate when the Odometer reading on the covered auto exceeds 100,000 miles.
OTHER INSURANCE
For the purpose of this amendment only, if you have other insurance against a loss covered by mechanical breakdown protection, this policy will apply as excess insurance over such other valid and collectible insurance.
SECTION V - DUTIES AFTER AN ACCIDENT OR LOSS
6. Additional Duties For Coverage For Damage To Your Auto
For the purposes of this amendment only, the following duty is added with respect to Mechanical Breakdown Coverage:
d. Advise us of the location of the covered auto.
For this Coverage to be applicable, repairs may not be undertaken prior to obtaining authorization from us.
We affirm this amendment.
W. C. E. Robinson William E. Roberts
CC280T (05-14) Page 2 of 2

Mahoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a big difference between a Mechanical Warranty and Bumper to Bumper Warranty. Hope it works out for you, all in all, I'll be buying a Ford ESP right before my Ford Warranty Expires and it's a good idea for anyone who plans on keeping their vehicle that long.

RZRXP1000

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have purchased 2 Ford ESP’s from Anderson & Koch Ford. You can get them online and they are typically way cheaper than any other Ford dealer sells them for. You can get an exact quote for the mileage & years you want on their website.

D

Deleted member 12951

Here's the entire Geico policy. It's true bumper to bumper.

You have to "break down" to have this policy be covered. BIG DIFFERENCE vs the Ford ESP.

For example, my CV boots have torn a few times, letting the grease out that would cause further damage if left unattended. Am I mechanically broken down because of it? Nope.

I have had my steering rack "loose" and cannot get a proper alignment. Am I mechanically broken down? Nope.

But my Ford ESP covers it. I've had my axles done on both sides and twice on the driver's side. And the steering rack replaced once already.

The Ford ESP is the best extended warranty you can get on these Raptors, hands down and for a very reasonable price compared to those BS third party warranties. The OP fails to see that and I wish him the best of luck when he needs to use it. I have no motive in selling warranties, I am merely trying to help fellow raptor owners make a wise choice, that's all.

copb8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have purchased 2 Ford ESP’s from Anderson & Koch Ford. You can get them online and they are typically way cheaper than any other Ford dealer sells them for. You can get an exact quote for the mileage & years you want on their website.

Looked at their website to get a quote but couldn't find it. Could you post a link.

copb8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the link

Ford Extended Warranty, Ford ESP, Premium Care & Maintenance Plans

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

I just bought my Gen 2 from this dealer, they are good people. Family owned and easy to work with. I even got my 17 for just over invoice.

Thanks. Bought the ESP PremiumCare 6yr/125K/$200ded warranty for $1360. That peace of mind seems like peanuts when compared to the price of a $70K truck with crazy tech all over it.

Turk10mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything is covered..........until it breaks. Only then they tell you about the fine print.

Jaz, I called Geico today and requested very specific wording about the MBI coverage. Below is the information they sent to me in a signed PDF on Geico letterhead. Just sayin. I've read the reviews and I've yet to find anyone make any legitimate claims that they didn't get covered for warranty type work.

----------------------------------
Mechanical Breakdown Insurance or MBI, is similar to a dealer's extended warranty protection. Mechanical Breakdown coverage is in excess of coverage provided by the manufacturer's warranty.

Mechanical Breakdown covers repairs to the following systems: Air Conditioning, Brakes, Cooling, Drive Axle, Electrical, Engine, Steering, Suspension and Transmission.

Mechanical Breakdown coverage does not include:

Regular maintenance services such as tune-ups, suspension alignment, wheel balancing, filters, lubrication, coolant and fluids, spark plugs, brake pads and lining, brake shoes and tires (includes tire wear and/or tire damage)

Breakdown repairs made necessary by intentional damage, corrosion, misuse, or improper maintenance

Failure to a system or part caused by other customized parts

Repairs already covered under the manufacturer's warranty

MBI covers original equipment supplied by the manufacturer.

Example: A factory supplied stereo (cost $500) is replaced with an after-market stereo (cost $1,500), Mechanical Breakdown Insurance will pay up to $500 less any applicable deductible.

We hope this information was helpful. Please let us know if we could be of further assistance.

Ke'Terra
Underwriting Department.