GEN 2 6 light - 3 pocket fog setups?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ok thinking this now :)

2017 Ford Raptor Triple Fog Light Bezel Kit with wiring harness

1. KC HiLites Flex w/Amber Covers
2. BD Squadron Sport, Driving Combo
3. BD Squadron Pro, Spot

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not following you...

If you go with any of the Baja Design kits mentioned...you've already got your 1,2,3.

1) wide cornering (or some have gone amber covers and called 'em fogs)
2) driving combo
3) spot

With those 3 options in the factory cutouts (especially at the Pro or Unlimited levels) you will have more than enough light for most purposes and you will have filled your cutouts with lights that look great together.

Bailey, correct me if I'm wrong...but BD only sells those as a kit. So you'd already have bought all 3 positions...and you'd be putting the BD wide cornering lights on the shelf and mounting up your KC's 'cause you have some penchant for gold rings (or blue or red or whatever you have in mind???)

Now if you just really wanna be able to say you have some KC HiLites and wanna spend more money...you could mount up the BD setup of your choice and then throw KC HiLites on your bumper, in your grille, license plate cutout or cowl mount 'em.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
He doesn't plan to use the Pro/Unlimited Kits. He plans to get the FRL kit, which has a set of KC HiLITES as the first pair and pairs 2 & 3 are Baja Designs. The FRL kit is more of a factory looking bracket.

Baja Designs' kit includes a pair of S2 and then 2 pair of Squadrons (Pro/Sport or Racer).

FRL's kit comes with a pair of KC HiLITES and then you can pick your other 2 pairs (we recommend Baja Designs but you can use Rigid or other brands as well).

So that's why he's talking about the different lights for pairs 2/3 because he can pick exactly what he wants whereas the Baja Designs kits COME with them (not that you can't REPLACE them but that would require buying the separate kit OR you can work with a dealer such as us and we can customize a Baja Designs Fog Light kit for you, swapping out the pair of lights that comes with it for the light of your choice, since we sell enough BD lights it's no problem for us)

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh maybe now I'm following how you got to where you're at (ignoring that the BD lights only come as a kit)...

You're hung up on Raptor Lights Triple Fog Light Bezel Kit which automatically comes with KC HiLites Flex Series Spot Lights with Black Bezels.

If you're going the Raptor Lights bezel kit route...I'd not recommend messing with the Baja Designs lights at all.

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

thanks Adam

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Adam...aren't the KC HiLites that come with the FRL kit spots? not wide cornering?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
bfr that doesn't make sense? If he gets the FRL kit he's going to need to pick some lights... and Baja Designs are the best of the best... so why would he not "mess" with the Baja Designs lights if he gets the FRL Kit??

The FRL kit ONLY comes with ONE pair of KC HiLITES, the small ones. Pairs 2 and 3 don't exist you have to PICK which lights you want for pairs #2 and #3. Pair #1 HAS to be the KC HiLITES as that's how Jeff design his bracket. He made the brakcet so it only fits that light for Pair #1. But Pairs #2 and #3 can be anything. The KC HiLITES that come with the FRL bracket are the KC HiLITES Flex Lights with either a clear or amber cover.

I actually have no idea if they are the spot or spread pattern from KC...

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FRL's kit comes with a pair of KC HiLITES and then you can pick your other 2 pairs (we recommend Baja Designs...

So question Adam...if someone is "6 one, half dozen the other" so to speak re: the bracket/bezel etc....in other words you don't care whether you have the full BD bracket setup or the FRL bezel setup...

Do you recommend the KC cornering spots OVER the BD cornering spots? (are there features or performance of the KC which you find preferable) or would you recommend someone just go all BD in that case?

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

KC site says they are spots

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

I'm catching up Adam... ;-)

I was not as familiar with the FRL setup...now I get it.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Say what now lol... "6 one, half dozen the other" wha???

Me personally, i'm a big fan of the Baja Designs Fog kits. But the FRL kit gets as many looks as the BD as folks love the sleek OEM look of the FRL kit. So both are awesome kits.

I prefer the S2 Pro over the Kc HiLITES Flex myself.

It's realy about preference and upgrades. With Baja you can swap out the lenses to a variety of different kinds. KC Only has 2 styles with 2 color covers you can put on (clear or amber).

Baja' kits are a more open/agressive look whereas the FRL is sleeker, set back a bit for that OEM look. Both very popular kits.

Corey77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok thinking this now :)

2017 Ford Raptor Triple Fog Light Bezel Kit with wiring harness

1. KC HiLites Flex w/Amber Covers
2. BD Squadron Sport, Driving Combo
3. BD Squadron Pro, Spot

Thats what I went with. Extremely happy! Did raptorlights kit. BTW, Jeff is the man!!! Lights and his kit looks amazing. Also did the S2 BD reverse lights. No complaints at all