3/28 squad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
chip hold. after 2 years, still unable to figure out how to do plant project management. Always someone elses fault. I would rather they just plan accordingly and say 2023 and actually hit the date, than say this week, no next week, no we need another month, sorry more third party issues need more time oh and the price went up so you have to pay more now.

Jmilleraz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm also on chip hold, with ETA of 4/28
What makes you think it’s chip hold? If truck is produced and waiting to be released, I would say that’s more of a shipping hold. I heard that is the biggest struggle right now.

EMc2

Reaction score
What makes you think it’s chip hold? If truck is produced and waiting to be released, I would say that’s more of a shipping hold. I heard that is the biggest struggle right now.
I spoke to FP this morning and they confirmed it is a chip hold.

Jmilleraz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke to FP this morning and they confirmed it is a chip hold.
It’s so funny the different responses we all get. Monday I was told that they are forbidden to discuss if a vehicle is on hold for any reason, today I specifically asked if I was on a chip hold and he said their tracker doesn’t give out that level of detail. Crazy this is a top auto maker in the world

Abmg05

Reaction score
It’s so funny the different responses we all get. Monday I was told that they are forbidden to discuss if a vehicle is on hold for any reason, today I specifically asked if I was on a chip hold and he said their tracker doesn’t give out that level of detail. Crazy this is a top auto maker in the world
It appears it depends on who you speak to the amount of details they give you. Spoke to FP today and they told me this.
C8DD5DAD-027E-42D8-BB07-A2DF785A3B13.jpeg
Only mod I have is graphics. No Pro Power or bedliner.

EMc2

Reaction score
Agreed. To add to that, they offered that info before I could even ask today. My experience, perhaps not representative, is that the level of detail varies wildly depending on who you speak to. I have also had better luck getting details with a phone call rather than the chat function. As always in this process, it is a matter of piecing together oft-conflicting info from forums, FP, dealer, ordertrack.app, etc.

msw

Reaction score
I talked to both FP chat and Ford chat today and both gave me the same answer - Produced with an ETA of April 23rd. When I asked it there was a hold, both say yes it was on microchip hold at the plant.

bruin1md

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Mine was built last Thursday: 3/31, only to be told it's waiting on a chip. When I asked my sales guy for additional details, he said he would have some more info for me within a day or 2. That was 4 days ago and counting. The reality is that they can't/won't disclose very much.

My question is why does Ford seem to be struggling more so than other US manufacturers in this regard (chip distribution)? Chrysler/Jeep/Ram have delays but there seems to be more granularity to their dates once a vehicle gets built.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter