2nd Time’s the Charm Proud Performance Blue with Recaros Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve been posting in the equivalent of Boot Hill for past 2 years, the f150 Raptor forum. So glad I found this one. There are some nice helpful people there but for the most part it’s dead as a door nail.

I bought my first truck, a ‘17 Raptor after being in love with the Gen1 ever since I laid eyes on one. I waited on the Gen2 and jumped on it. It was shadow black. I owned it 10 months, drove from NY to Nashville, to Boulder, then Arches, Bryce and Zion. Did some mild off roading as I had no experience. 6k miles and 3 weeks later we were back home and yet another hole was burning in my wallet. I traded it what turned out to be a very boring 2018 Panamera 4. I dumped it for a 2018 Platinum. My wife loved the massaging seats.

Alas, I badly missed the Raptor. So in December of 2018 I got my new one. As the title says, Performance Blue, Recaros, bead lock capable, loaded, graphics, and I’m loving it.

Registered for Raptor Assault end of August. Didn’t do it first time around and regretted it. Driving out again mid August, first to Moab, then Page, AZ where we booked antelope Canyon Tour, then up to Tooele and the Raptor school. Can’t wait.

So far installed tonneau, Baja design lights in bumper, ordered the backup lights, and am contemplating the 10” light bar for lower grill.

Glad to be here.
Mark

Reaction score
I’ve been posting in the equivalent of Boot Hill for past 2 years, the f150 Raptor forum. So glad I found this one. There are some nice helpful people there but for the most part it’s dead as a door nail.

I bought my first truck, a ‘17 Raptor after being in love with the Gen1 ever since I laid eyes on one. I waited on the Gen2 and jumped on it. It was shadow black. I owned it 10 months, drove from NY to Nashville, to Boulder, then Arches, Bryce and Zion. Did some mild off roading as I had no experience. 6k miles and 3 weeks later we were back home and yet another hole was burning in my wallet. I traded it what turned out to be a very boring 2018 Panamera 4. I dumped it for a 2018 Platinum. My wife loved the massaging seats.

Alas, I badly missed the Raptor. So in December of 2018 I got my new one. As the title says, Performance Blue, Recaros, bead lock capable, loaded, graphics, and I’m loving it.

Registered for Raptor Assault end of August. Didn’t do it first time around and regretted it. Driving out again mid August, first to Moab, then Page, AZ where we booked antelope Canyon Tour, then up to Tooele and the Raptor school. Can’t wait.

So far installed tonneau, Baja design lights in bumper, ordered the backup lights, and am contemplating the 10” light bar for lower grill.

Glad to be here.
Mark
Nice, Mark and welcome. Im also new and bought a 19 i ordered with everything but bed graphics and recaros. Im looking at goin to raptor school in august as well.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome. As a member of other forums, most notably POTN (a "Canon" photography forum) for 15 years, the Macan Forum, for the past 3 or so, I know new member intros are often overlooked as people are very busy.

I see your location is the great state of AK. My wife and I were lucky enough to vacation there back in 2011. Can't wait to go again. Absolutely incredible place. Even found a pizza place outside of Anchorage that was owned by a former guy from Brooklyn. Made us feel right at home.

As for Raptor Assault, you better get on booking it right away. It's about 90 percent sold out already.

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just wanted to update my post with a few pics: Cause I know very well, pics or didn't happen.
Wonder if this will work.
I'm not a frequent poster here, though I do a lot of lurking. I post mainly on the Macan forum, even though I no longer own a Macan.

In 2017 I bought my first truck, a Raptor. I figure, go big or go home. It was my only vehicle. I've been enamored with the Raptor since Gen 1, though I never knew much about it except it looked so darn cool. And as my favorite toys when I was a kid were Tonka, I figured the Raptor was an adult Tonka. After about 10 months, having come from a Porsche, I missed the handling of it, etc. I traded that Raptor but never forgot it and always missed it. Fast forward a couple of Porsches, my most recent F150 Platinum, and I fell back in love with the 2019 Raptor, especially the changes. One thing I did not like about my former Raptor was the seat cushion I felt was a bit short. I'm a shade under 6' and it didn't adequately provide under-thigh support. I was spoiled by the awesome seats on my Porsche which, like some BMWs and I believe the GT350, has adjustable fore and aft under thigh support. When I got the Platinum I immediately noticed the seat cushion was longer and felt better. The Platinum had soft, comfort steering and that made it a bit tough to handle on winding roads as I felt it a bit sloppy. As I said, I've not that much experience with trucks.

Well, this past Sunday (in december 2018) I got a very good trade value on my 2018 Platinum with 7k miles and bought the new Raptor. The graphics package, while quite a pricey option, is a big improvement and is actually 3D, with raised design. Very nice and high quality.

The suspension, and I've obviously only been on road as I only have it two days, is the major improvement, and believe me when I tell you, it's a huge difference. I don't know if the frame of the truck has also been strengthened but it now feels as one, instead of a cab and a bed over large bumps. It has a very composed ride, and I've been aiming for every pothole I can find. I'm going to have a long-term love affair with this truck. The Recaros are very comfortable and hug just right, not too much to as to be confining or intrusive, but just enough. The material is also nice.

The adjustable steering, which my last Raptor also had, seems better sorted with the sport setting much more usable. It feels tight and responsive.

I won't bore you any longer. Here are some pics. Please feel free to comment, slap me down if I've stated something wrong and set me right.

4930678_5_ec09406c663dcae7587380fabf10b1fe46b1ffae.jpg
CF interior. Just noticed a line across. Not sure what that is. Will check.

4930699_5_56e247f36082d9f18ca741c1b25fd6e9a1d30f89.jpg
Begging to go for a ride.

4930686_5_ccd643e9b6bd7c009fa0b93a8e72ecbe6939c9e4.jpg
Nice blue stitching all around to match the seats:

4930692_5_98a14e5fea976d37a4a762e208f0ba1f4bb41163.jpg

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Love these seats. Proper firmness, not too hard, not too soft, just about perfect.

4930687_5_ab3712e0d128760cd499fce428987ed24d362bde.jpg

Nice trim continues on seat back.

4930729_5_c9264dfbd5eda6d7be61dcd01a1e6968f462d1e5.jpg
Didn't have the beadlock capable wheels last time. I like them.

4934230_5_90f37a152f5fcf233ac2fe1fdc46a895acec4bb5.jpg