2024 Incredibly Thin Paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's the nw system. Take a steel panel, spray it and just before it's completely dry, pull the steel out.

TurboTommy

Reaction score
Thats pretty bad...The 22's are not much better. Look at the iconic silver blotchy paint which is common. The paint is very thin, chips and its laughable how much dust and dirt is in the paint through the vehicle.

The truck is a novelty but do not be confused these are rolling garbage cans. The quality is pretty poor. Even my new Yukon Denali is much better and my Porsches are night and day different in not only quality but service.

The Raptor is fun and you pay a premium but leaves alot to be desired.

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tesla fit and paint are the worst ive seen for expensive cars.

When checking out a ferrari i pointed out several paint flaws and the dealer told me ferrari paint sucks. Not sure if that was true or typical salesman talk

19perf-blue

Reaction score
I had my 24 802A ceramic coated and the shop that did the work told me I had several spots that were really thin. In a couple of spots he couldn't do the proper paint correction that it needed because if was so thin. I wonder if I can get ford to repaint it under warranty? Thoughts?

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats pretty bad...The 22's are not much better. Look at the iconic silver blotchy paint which is common. The paint is very thin, chips and its laughable how much dust and dirt is in the paint through the vehicle.

The truck is a novelty but do not be confused these are rolling garbage cans. The quality is pretty poor. Even my new Yukon Denali is much better and my Porsches are night and day different in not only quality but service.

The Raptor is fun and you pay a premium but leaves alot to be desired.

It's just a Ford pickup truck.... that's all.

grendel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2024 802a into detail for ceramic coating this morning. Check out how thin the body paint is on the truck. Has anyone else seen results like this? It’s pretty concerning to see so thin.

The entire body and bed is less than 1.5mil but the front clip was 10-14mil.
I'd love to see the results on something like a new Porsche and compare the results. Is this "standard?"

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my 24 802A ceramic coated and the shop that did the work told me I had several spots that were really thin. In a couple of spots he couldn't do the proper paint correction that it needed because if was so thin. I wonder if I can get ford to repaint it under warranty? Thoughts?
If you dont notice it i would leave it alone. Someone might make it worse and color matching is very very hard to get 100%. humidity temperature etc if you get real technical.

19perf-blue

Reaction score
If you dont notice it i would leave it alone. Someone might make it worse and color matching is very very hard to get 100%. humidity temperature etc if you get real technical.
I told him not to show me where they were because I didn't want my eye to be drawn to it every time I look at the truck.

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one and only time i took my truck for a detail i picked it up the next day the whole side of the truck was all scratched up. I complained and paid like an idiot. It wasnt till a couple days later i realized the spare was stolen and realized they parked it outside after i explained i would pickup same day if they couldnt leave it parked inside. Well they parked it outside and while stealing the spare the thief scratched it all up squeezing in between trucks

Last edited: