2023 Ford Raptor V6 and V8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw on Blueovalforum that 2023 Raptor starting price will be around $75,500 plus delivery and destination ($1,700) and if you want the Raptor R add another $35,000.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TX-RAP70R

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You rolling to a 23?
umm if I can get the 22...I will get it! but the new colors are making me have second thoughts. Im guessing it will roll to a 23 but idk. We have until oct 9th when they stop making 22's. Scheduling for 23's start 8/18

Sparda1123

Reaction score
Any leads on when we can place orders? I called a dozen or so dealers today and no one knows anything. The above mentions scheduling starts 8/18 which I'd assume that's post orders being recieved. I don't mind waiting if I can get the spec I'm looking for, but I at least want to start the process by placing an order.

Thanks.

sammy134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, if there is no more 800A, that is the biggest scam and a clear attempt to money grab.

My 21MY Gen 3 raptor is 800A.

I did MONTHS of research on what the 800A is prior to purchasing, and the differences between GEN2 vs. GEN 3 trim options.

800A has 90%, of EVERYTHING you would need and want for daily use - in COLD and HOT states/locations of the world.

The rest of that 10% is "nice to haves".

This made the 800A such a good value. My beef with Ford is they REQUIRED the 801A to even build the 37 package. 801A is a useless trim for me and waste of 4 to 5k$$.

Now they are 1) removing 800A and 2) making you pony up all that extra cash just for the 5.2L lol.

Ford is taking away all the real VALUE from the raptor and just making it a cash grab for the 0.1% of buyers.

I can't afford the V8 fuel and maintenance cost right now. But if I could, and I will soon when I ask for a promotion, I'm most likely trading in this raptor for a TRX and I'll probably still make $$ on my trade in, in this ridiculous market where a Supercharger Engine costs less than a 3.5 turbo lmao.

Think about it, the cost $$ from a 800A raptor to a 801A 5.2L is probably about 50k$. 50k for what, a stronger and better sounding engine? LMAO please - TRX in my opinion still sounds better because their power plant has a supercharger whine that the Ford supercharger doesn't have.

If I am going to spend 50k$ more for a better engine (sound and performance, and summer car), Im buying a second vehicle (C8, Shelby, Camaro, etc...), that has that better engine. I am not spending that 50k$ into the same truck lmao. That's a horrible decision.

Fat_Kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, if there is no more 800A, that is the biggest scam and a clear attempt to money grab.

My 21MY Gen 3 raptor is 800A.

I did MONTHS of research on what the 800A is prior to purchasing, and the differences between GEN2 vs. GEN 3 trim options.

800A has 90%, of EVERYTHING you would need and want for daily use - in COLD and HOT states/locations of the world.

The rest of that 10% is "nice to haves".

This made the 800A such a good value. My beef with Ford is they REQUIRED the 801A to even build the 37 package. 801A is a useless trim for me and waste of 4 to 5k$$.

Now they are 1) removing 800A and 2) making you pony up all that extra cash just for the 5.2L lol.

Ford is taking away all the real VALUE from the raptor and just making it a cash grab for the 0.1% of buyers.

I can't afford the V8 fuel and maintenance cost right now. But if I could, and I will soon when I ask for a promotion, I'm most likely trading in this raptor for a TRX and I'll probably still make $$ on my trade in, in this ridiculous market where a Supercharger Engine costs less than a 3.5 turbo lmao.

Think about it, the cost $$ from a 800A raptor to a 801A 5.2L is probably about 50k$. 50k for what, a stronger and better sounding engine? LMAO please - TRX in my opinion still sounds better because their power plant has a supercharger whine that the Ford supercharger doesn't have.

If I am going to spend 50k$ more for a better engine (sound and performance, and summer car), Im buying a second vehicle (C8, Shelby, Camaro, etc...), that has that better engine. I am not spending that 50k$ into the same truck lmao. That's a horrible decision.
Man, I get your point, but I dont believe its a money grab. Case in point, the short cab Gen 1. They just didnt have enough orders for them, so they stopped making them. To me, the 800a being gone is good news. Less variation in product lines leads to faster overall production, faster overall production means ill finally get my freaking truck. lol Just my two cents.

OP
OP
TX-RAP70R

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any leads on when we can place orders? I called a dozen or so dealers today and no one knows anything. The above mentions scheduling starts 8/18 which I'd assume that's post orders being recieved. I don't mind waiting if I can get the spec I'm looking for, but I at least want to start the process by placing an order.

Thanks.
Order's opened up last evening...according Ice-Capads on Blueovalforum. He has access to his dealership ordering system. Everything was release yesterday including order build options so I wouldn't be surprised if dealers didn't know anything