2022 Raptor temp display dials, cup holder lights, etc.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not the point. The price went up, but the digital display on the climate control nobs is gone. Plus.. plus… plus… just sends a bad message centered around greed.

I agreed on a price, placed my order amd laid down my deposit… So I have a financial commitment, but absolutley no commitments from Ford or the greedt dealers to protect incentives, pricing, anything. Again… just sends a bad message centered around greed.
Inflation is up 7% so how much did the truck go up? Like others have said: Are you so worried about some of these features that you would rather not get the truck? Do you feel that without these features, you have a Raptor XLT? I just HOPE TO GOD that Ford does not cheapen the look of the Key Fob otherwise we would have to get a Lynching MOB to get them bastards in Dearborn. It is absolutely amazing how much we complain about stupid stuff. Every F150 that I have ever owned had ONE TEMP DISPLAY, that was on the Sync (when you changed it) or the little line on the dial which showed you the temp. So I changed the temp to my desired temp and that was it. I do not constantly check my internal temp making sure it is exactly what I wanted. HELL my BMW's, MERCEDES's that I have/had owned NEVER HAD THE TEMP ON THE NOB. Every one of those cars cost more than my Raptor and It didn't have it. I understood what blue to red meant. If I was to hot/cold I changed it based on the color to meet my needs.. I will say the wife's Range Rover Sport S/C is the only vehicle that has the temp on the Nob. but that is the only one out of what the past 15 cars that has it.

Ford is the ONLY car I have ever owned that had a lighted cup holder. I have yet to ever read about a BMW/Mercedes/Land Rover forum people saying they were at a loss that their PREMIUM AUTO does not have these features. I am not talking entry level c class, 3 series, lr4's they were SL500's, 540/550's, M3's, X5's(///M levels)

I could go on but I will just catch BS for pointing out that some of this stuff is just stupid.

JCW55110

Reaction score
Inflation is up 7% so how much did the truck go up? Like others have said: Are you so worried about some of these features that you would rather not get the truck? Do you feel that without these features, you have a Raptor XLT? I just HOPE TO GOD that Ford does not cheapen the look of the Key Fob otherwise we would have to get a Lynching MOB to get them bastards in Dearborn. It is absolutely amazing how much we complain about stupid stuff. Every F150 that I have ever owned had ONE TEMP DISPLAY, that was on the Sync (when you changed it) or the little line on the dial which showed you the temp. So I changed the temp to my desired temp and that was it. I do not constantly check my internal temp making sure it is exactly what I wanted. HELL my BMW's, MERCEDES's that I have/had owned NEVER HAD THE TEMP ON THE NOB. Every one of those cars cost more than my Raptor and It didn't have it. I understood what blue to red meant. If I was to hot/cold I changed it based on the color to meet my needs.. I will say the wife's Range Rover Sport S/C is the only vehicle that has the temp on the Nob. but that is the only one out of what the past 15 cars that has it.

Ford is the ONLY car I have ever owned that had a lighted cup holder. I have yet to ever read about a BMW/Mercedes/Land Rover forum people saying they were at a loss that their PREMIUM AUTO does not have these features. I am not talking entry level c class, 3 series, lr4's they were SL500's, 540/550's, M3's, X5's(///M levels)

I could go on but I will just catch BS for pointing out that some of this stuff is just stupid.
I agree… it is nit-picky crap. But damn it… I can complain on this forum if I want. Hahaha :p

Ribbing aside… The temp display is the only thing I am not happy about, and yes it is a first world problem. The sync screens are laggy and annoying to have to click through. So when my wife and kids get in the truck and change the temp settings or complain about being cold, I want to just quickly look and make changes and not have to interface with the sync screen. Ford is trying to be Tesla-ish… But rather than fully committing, they are dipping their toe and refusing to just commit to getting rid of the buttons. Plus once you see it on the 2021, you can't unsee how cheap it looks on the 2022.

Attachments

• 8757E67D-4137-40B1-8B0F-39B5A6449C01.jpeg
    8757E67D-4137-40B1-8B0F-39B5A6449C01.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 91

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree… it is nit-picky crap. But damn it… I can complain on this forum if I want. Hahaha :p

Ribbing aside… The temp display is the only thing I am not happy about, and yes it is a first world problem. The sync screens are laggy and annoying to have to click through. So when my wife and kids get in the truck and change the temp settings or complain about being cold, I want to just quickly look and make changes and not have to interface with the sync screen. Ford is trying to be Tesla-ish… But rather than fully committing, they are dipping their toe and refusing to just commit to getting rid of the buttons. Plus once you see it on the 2021, you can't unsee how cheap it looks on the 2022.
Face it, Flounder, you f**ked up. You have a wife and kids. Sorry. Sucks to be you. You can fix that, but it won't be cheap. LOL

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Dude my ghetto Toyota Sienna mini van has lighted cup holders and I love ‘em. Have saved me many a spill over the years with the kiddos. It’s petty, but I’m still annoyed by the deletion

RaptorND

Reaction score
Dude my ghetto Toyota Sienna mini van has lighted cup holders and I love ‘em. Have saved me many a spill over the years with the kiddos. It’s petty, but I’m still annoyed by the deletion

It’s ok to somewhat complain when you order and expect the same features as the 2021 (and were not made aware of it). If anything you would expect added features not deleted. For me the ambient light at the wireless charger and cup holder removal are annoying. Again not a huge deal but understandable.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s ok to somewhat complain when you order and expect the same features as the 2021 (and were not made aware of it). If anything you would expect added features not deleted. For me the ambient light at the wireless charger and cup holder removal are annoying. Again not a huge deal but understandable.
And meanwhile, the base price went up. Lol

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2007 Tundra had a lighted cup holder.

I wasn't sure my Gen 3 would come with the "21" features since it went into production in Oct but not finished until late Jan, but I guess it had been far enough along to still have the lighted cup holders, glove box, storage bin, temps on dials, led license plate, etc..